PDA

View Full Version : Scared I'm dying

Eek
14-01-13, 05:23
Hi,

as you all know I'm still getting my night sweats which my doctor and an oncologist have no idea what is causing them. I've also been cutting down on one of my medications and getting terrible withdrawals - insomnia and a feeling like things are crawling in my brain, severe anxiety it's been hell (I started cutting down after the night sweats began so the withdrawal isn't causing them).

But now, all the time I'm worried that I'm about to die. I keep feeling like there's something terrible wrong with me causing the night sweats and that the doctor's have missed it. I'm terrified I have cancer or something terminal and that it's about to kill me. I try to distract myself but the thoughts seem to go through everything and I panic.

I just want to feel normal again, I don't feel that I ever will and now I feel I'll die before I get the opportunity.

lindadiana
14-01-13, 06:11
hello,just thought id send you a hug i too am a death phobic since childhood,its not nice so i know how you feel.your not alone,

Eek
14-01-13, 23:18
Thank you for your reply.

It's horrible being scared of death, it's an overwhelming fear for me and has been on and off for as long as I can remember. But recently since my 48th birthday I feel that I am getting to an age where it is a distinct possibility and that terrifies me. I just wish I could get over this fear, I'm sure my health anxiety would disappear if i could.

Anxious_gal
15-01-13, 00:31
Stress and bad dreams can cause night sweats.
It is often genetic as well and is something that simply happens.

I assume the doctors ran the basic blood work and checked your hormone levels?

vitabelle
15-01-13, 01:15
hugs i also have this fear its so consuming x

Eek
15-01-13, 01:48
Stress and bad dreams can cause night sweats.
It is often genetic as well and is something that simply happens.

I assume the doctors ran the basic blood work and checked your hormone levels?

yes my hormone levels were normal as was all the bloodwork.

nomorepanic
15-01-13, 02:01
Can I ask why you are seeing an oncologist ?

nomorepanic
15-01-13, 02:02
Oh and I get night sweats all the time and have a fan on every night

panickyme
15-01-13, 02:05
Your not alone, I worry about this all the time. I worry so much about dying, I'm not even living. I do the same thing I will be 46 this week, and I constantly think I am getting older, and something is going to happen. Grrrrrrrrr it stinks. Hope you feel better. :hugs:

Eek
15-01-13, 03:02
Can I ask why you are seeing an oncologist ?

The oncologist is also a general physician. My doctor was at a loss to explain my symptoms so sent me to see him to get his perspective on the night sweats. But he didn't really know what is causing them either.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Your not alone, I worry about this all the time. I worry so much about dying, I'm not even living. I do the same thing I will be 46 this week, and I constantly think I am getting older, and something is going to happen. Grrrrrrrrr it stinks. Hope you feel better. :hugs:

Yes it's terrible. I find myself counting how many years I have left in a best and worst case scenario and at 48 it's getting less :(

Justinf
15-01-13, 03:26
I had night sweats when I had a very simple tooth infection. How long have they been going on?

Eek
15-01-13, 03:43
I had night sweats when I had a very simple tooth infection. How long have they been going on?

I've had them for several months now. I've had loads of blood tests checking for infections and things and a CT scan of chest and abdo.

almamatters
15-01-13, 07:06
I have this same fear, I am well know at my doctor's for thinking I have a terminal illness. I constantly ask them "are you sure that test is ok" and "Can I have more tests" I am never reassured. I can't plan things as I don't think I am going to live long enough to see them through.
I am sending you hugs :hugs: :hugs: I know how you feel and it is truly horrible.

Eek
16-01-13, 01:37
I'm the same Alma I'm always scared to plan anything as I don't think I'm going to make it. Sometimes I'm scared to go to bed at night as I think I'm going to die in my sleep. It's hell.