PDA

View Full Version : Tongue worries

Hypo
14-01-13, 08:41
I have been on my new meds for 4 weeks now so patiently waiting for them to kick in.

About 3 years ago I noticed two bumps on the side of my tongue.. I wouldn't call them lumps as such.. it's the same texture as my tongue as well.

I got the GP to look at them 6 months ago and he basically laughed and told me it's nothing like cancer then went on to show me a picture of tongue cancer. That put my mind at rest.

Well, the last few days I have been studying them again and noticed one of the little bumps sometimes gets a white coating on it. Through out the day the white it goes after I have drank and ate a bit.

So they have been there 3 years, no change, they aren't ulcerated, or sore, nor have they grown since showing my GP. My GP didn't study them, I just stuck my tongue out and he had a quick look.

I really don't need to worry about this, right? plenty of people must have bumps on their tongue? My GP would have known by quickly looking at it, right?

And the white coating is probably there because I just woke up and haven't eaten?

Do I go to the GP or wait this out? I only went last week about the roof of my mouth and to get new meds.

Ddcoo
14-01-13, 10:24
If you have seen any of my threads, you will know that I have had an operation for tongue cancer so I knowa little about it. Maybe the bumps on the side of your tongue are indentations where your teeth rest against the tongue. The white marks sound OK as they disappear, but if you notice a change to the white marks that for example they don't go away or you get a sore on the side of the tongue then you should get it checked out. Just be sensible and keep an eye it and you will be OK.
Catching symptoms early is the clue. Hope this helps.