PDA

View Full Version : CRYING

SHERLOCK
30-08-06, 16:16
Do any of you cry a lot? some days I can't seem to stop and feel so choked up, and has anyone got any tips for the tight heavy feeling round the head please.

LockedShut
30-08-06, 17:15
I cry for no reason sometimes. About things I can't help. Like the fact that the UK Pension is so low. Or that my baby cousins are stuck in a country that's slowly going to the dump. I hyperventilate and shake. My head pounds.

The best thing I can think to help is just try to space out. Take an asprin. Find a spot on the wall and just stare and try to blank your mind out. From experience I know it can take a while. But I've gotten used to it, and I'm pretty good at going numb - not sure if that's a good thing though!

Hope it helps,
xo :)

<center>***************************
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me...</center>

sarah1984
30-08-06, 18:06
Certainly! When I was really bad with anxiety, I could cry for hours on end and it brought no relief. Still feeling ultra sensitive and the slightest thing can bring me to tears. Hate the feeling I'm going to break down in public, so I hide behind my sunglasses!

nicjay
30-08-06, 18:24
Hi Sherlock

Yes i can totally relate to your story because i too am like that at the moment. For the past 6 weeks i've been ultrasensitive and emotional to the slightest thing. I would cry for no apparent reason or if someone said something that i interpreted to be an attact on my personality i would break down in floods of tears. The thing is the anxiety i suffer with has been the best its been in 2 years and so i'm feeling really positive about that, so why am i all emotional? I have come to think it's because i have been pushing myself hard in my recovery and that has made me feel the most vulnerable i have felt in long time. I don't know if this is the same for you but i'm sure you like me will eventually overcome this.

Nicola
xxx

polly daydream
30-08-06, 18:36
Hello Sherlock, I can also relate to what you are saying, I went through a really bad time 3 months ago and just couldn't stop crying, it was over any little stupid thing. I realised later that I had been suffering from depression, are you on any meds? as for the tight feeling around your head, try and relax a little more, all you are feeling is tension. Be strong sweety, you will get through this.

Take care,

Polly x

blufaery
01-09-06, 19:58
Sherlock,

I have random crying days.
Could be at anything - adverts, food, shoes - anything.
Not funny.
The I cry abit more about crying too much.

Take care x