PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram & nausea

SuperStar457
14-01-13, 12:03
On day 5 of citalopram and feeling very very sick ..... When is it likely to settle down?
I have been getting nausea on and off since my anxiety started but it hadn't been bad this last week .... Until today, my sis said its prob side effect?
Mo x

Baggs
14-01-13, 12:40
Hi Super,
We take these meds because we feel rotten and the first thing they do it to make us feel worse - it doesn't seem fair. The nausea should subside fairly soon but the beneficial effects could take a while, sometimes 2 weeks or more. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

SuperStar457
14-01-13, 16:35
Thanks for your reply! I hope it does settle soon, I also feel really 'spaced out' but doc said that could be the propranolol and to try to cut my dose, I'm starting to forget what normal is?

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Can I also ask is day 5/6 the days the side effects are most likely to kick in? I feel really odd today, sick, dizzy poor concentration? I think they are all common but is it normal that I'm worse today?

Sparkle1984
14-01-13, 18:17
I felt nauseous for the first week too and I lost my appetite for about 5 days. I'm on 10mg. It will get better! :)

morning_blues
14-01-13, 18:45
Urg I feel for you! About exactly that time after I started I was at the out of hours GP getting something to stop me being sick! For me day 5 was the worst, then slowly but surely I started to pick up - there was the odd bad day but on the whole things carried on getting better and better.
Hang in there! Top tips for eating...I lived on spagetti hoops, muller rice and Complan shakes!

SuperStar457
14-01-13, 20:02
Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear its normal, even if it is horrendous! Thanks for the tips on complain shakes, I've had no appetite for weeks now (which I'm getting worried about) ..... Totally no interest in food even though I feel empty and need to eat :(
Just wish my body was back to normal
Xxx

SuperStar457
17-01-13, 17:22
Sorry guys, needing a bit of reassurance - again..... On day 8 of citalipram and the nausea has come back today? Also feeling more anxious than I have been over last 2 days ... Is this normal? Hate feeling sick, still no interest in food? Please help?