PDA

View Full Version : anxiety workshop

yorkylover
30-08-06, 17:22
Hello
I have just had an assesment done and I am being reffered for counselling.I was also told about an anxiety workshop which is a whole day.I was told I cant have a one to one with the person who takes the anxiety workshop until I have attended the workshop.Being that I have anxiety panic attacks,depression and a social phobia I dont fell ready to attend the work shop.Has anyone done the anxiety workshop,and could they explain what you do there please?
Thank you

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
30-08-06, 19:30
Ellen

Sounds fab to me!

Everyone will be in the same boat so you won't be alone so you can all comfort and support each other.

Go for it - you will be fine and will enjoy it

Nicola

juju
30-08-06, 19:46
hi ellen,
i am on a 6 week anxiety/depression course and i found it hard, and each session i think i cant go today, but force myself, and you wouldnt believe the people that are just the same as you its refreshing, and everyone feels the same there, so dont worry its good.
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

yorkylover
30-08-06, 20:19
Thank you,may try it out.

Ellen XX

Jenny
30-08-06, 20:43
Hello ellen

I wish there was one near me. I would certainly give it a go.

Jenny xxxxxxxx

Karen
30-08-06, 22:48
Hi Ellen

This is certainly worth giving a go. I too have social phobia and realise how difficult it can be with strangers. However, remember everyone there will have their own anxiety issues.

I have been attending different group for a number of months as part of my day patient clinic treatment for various issues. The first time I sat om I just wanted to head for the door but I stayed, and some groups are easier than others. The point is I wouldn't have contribed at all to start with but I do now at times.

Give it a try. It could be very beneficial for you.

Karen

I love you in place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

~The Carpenters~