PDA

View Full Version : Noisy head!!!!

Paulac
14-01-13, 18:25
Just wondering if these symptoms are normal of anxiety, started citalopram on Friday 10mg, was totally expecting a raise in anxiety n panic till they start to work, today keep feeling like my thoughts are really loud in my head and my mind is racing( not actually hearing anything out loud in my head). Just feels like my thoughts r loud( sorry if I'm not explaining it well). Feel like I need to punch myself or something to make it stop!! Also ears feel sensitive and I seem more sensitive to noise. Could this just be the tabs?? Please don't tell me it's pyscosis or sumit(WORST FEAR)!!!!!

jackie13
14-01-13, 19:44
Hi Hun

Don't worry it's the meds! Mine were exactly the same, I sometimes get a slight ringing in my ears. They will stop and then another one for 1 day then again, I felt like a laboratory experiment by the end of the week.

If symptoms get worse just check with your Doc

Jackie x

Paulac
14-01-13, 20:29
Thanks jackie, do u no what I mean about the thoughts being noisy?? I'm not actually hearing anything so I don't understand why it's freaking me out soooooo much. Do u think it could just be yet another thing my anxiety has got hold of n torturing me with because I pay so much attention to it?? Xx

jackie13
14-01-13, 21:31
Yes I would think it is your anxiety playing tricks, just try and let it pass by, you will feel better soon. I tell my hubby that I have had a busy evening even though I haven't done anything it's my head that's busy, very annoying xx

steveo
14-01-13, 22:24
Hi paulac.

I'm with you my friend! Just started back on the tablets but a couple of days before you. My doctor put me straight back on the 20mg instead of slowly putting me back on from 10mg and at the time I was in such a state that I didn't stop to think so I'm experiencing it all too.
I have to be in a nice quiet room. It will pass. I've been on this medication before and I had a great lease of life on them! It will take time but you're not alone in this! Feel free to PM me and we can share our experiences of getting on the tablets together!
Best Wishes