PDA

View Full Version : recovery course?

susie70
30-08-06, 18:34
Hi Nicola

Can you tell me any more about the course that you mentioned in another post please? I think it was something about telephone support?
Cheers
Susie

Wannabeloved85
30-08-06, 18:57
do you mean the nopanic telephone cbt that piglet is taking?
I was going to do that, but useless on a phone, and i have a silly pointless occupational therapist!
Becci x

nomorepanic
30-08-06, 18:58
Susie

It is run by the Charity "No Panic" and is basically a 10 week (could be longer now) course once a week where a group of people phone a conference call number and help each other.

There is a group leader who runs the course and offers advise etc.

I did it many years ago and it was really good.

Well worth the cost of a phone call once a week.

Details of No Panic can be found on my website here ...

Where to find Help for sufferers of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=help)

Nicola

Piglet
30-08-06, 22:06
I finished mine in June and I thought it was smashing - once we all got to know each other it was a good laugh and a real boost every week.

It's lovely to hear real voices of people in the same boat as you and I still keep in touch with a couple of the people.

We all encouraged each other with small goal setting and this notion is one I intend to keep following. I had hoped that the course would see me climbing Mount Everest, or at least gettin to Primark but although it didn't get me to either it gave me a jolly good base to work from.

Don't be shy to do it, once you get past the first week and realise everyone is the same as you you relax and look forward to the group each week.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Jenny
31-08-06, 10:45
Yes it is a good way of meeting others with the same problems as yourself. You soon find out that you are not alone in this. Four of us now do a group without the Group Leader every 2 weeks through No Panic. Although I have never met any of the others we now feel that we are friends and are always there for each other if any of us are having a bad time we can phone and speak to them. I think sometimes it is good to speak to someone else out of the family.

Best Wishes
Jennyxxxxxxx