PDA

View Full Version : Paracetamol/Painkillers

Lost2010
14-01-13, 20:52
Hi all,

Firstly, sorry for not posting in the medication forum, it's more linked to health anxiety because I have problems swallowing pills so thought it might be more relevant here.

Anyway, does anyone else have this issue and has anyone found small painkillers in capsule form?!

I can't take Ibuprofen or Anadin so looking for normal paracetamol really. Panadol would be ok but I can't find it in capsule form. Have got some supermarket ones at the moment and they're massive so any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks for reading

nomorepanic
14-01-13, 21:11
Why not get soluble ones?

almamatters
14-01-13, 21:13
Pretty sure you can get paracetemol in liquid form from GP.

Sparkle1984
14-01-13, 21:24
I don't like swallowing tablets either (other than small ones) so I get the effervescent paracetamol. If you ask for it in the chemists they should have some behind the counter.

Lost2010
14-01-13, 21:50
Thanks for the replies, are the soluble ones any better now than they used to be?:blush:

Anxious_gal
14-01-13, 22:29
You can get most painkillers in suppository form, meaning they go up your bum. So if you ever get very stuck, they are an option if you don't mind using them lol.

I'm so bad for taking pills, it's all mental though, but they seem to sit in mouth when I try to swallow them! Drinking milk seems to help it go down.

At the moment I use soluble pain meds, I hate the taste but you can add some lemon to the water. I use a whole glass of water per half of the pill, as it takes away most of the taste. so if i want 2 pills that's 4 glasses of water but I don't mind.
I find they work faster for pain and are easier on my tummy.

I think Boots do their own brand of paracetamol in capsule form, I do hate tablets without a coating that will melt before you can swallow them.

There's no harm in going into to the shop and asking.

Sparkle1984
14-01-13, 22:44
Thanks for the replies, are the soluble ones any better now than they used to be?:blush:

Yes, I find the soluble ones very good.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

You can get most painkillers in suppository form, meaning they go up your bum. So if you ever get very stuck, they are an option if you don't mind using them lol.

That sounds even worse lol! Just the thought of it makes me feel sick! :roflmao:

Lost2010
15-01-13, 13:27
Thanks for all the replies. Think I'll be trying the soluble ones before resorting to the suppositories though lol

I actually took Calpol this morning :blush: According to Google it's basically liquid paracetamol and the pack listed an 'adult or children 12+' dosage so hoping that has some effect

Thanks again

Ddcoo
15-01-13, 14:17
Because I can't swallow normal food at the moment, I am on a liquid diet and I have been given soluble paracetamol and find them very pleasant tasting.