PDA

View Full Version : How am I meant to feel by now?

LuSmith
14-01-13, 22:41
Hi there.

I've been taking Sertraline/Zoloft for about a year now (just over).. started on 50mg, upped to 100mg after a few months then about three months ago was increased to 150mg. My psychiatrist recently offered for me to go up to 200mg as I think he figured I might still be suffering from depression or anxiety.

I just feel like... I'm not really happy. Are these tablets meant to make you happy? They stabilise my mood so I don't freak out too much lately, but I still get really down and cry and I do still get sad thoughts. I still feel like I couldn't cope if something changed that I couldn't deal with or I had to re-enter the 'real world'.

Should I be upping my dosage yet again to the max? Or should I continue? Or completely change to another med? I used to be on Citalopram which did me no good, and before that I was on Fluoxetine which didn't make much of a difference.

Baggs
14-01-13, 22:44
Hi,
I'm no Doc but I would seriously consider changing to another med. I tried quite a few before I found one that works for me - Duloxetine. I still have downs but they are manageable. I wish you all the best.

Baggs