PDA

View Full Version : I just need some peace in my head.

Tastee
15-01-13, 02:28
As soon as everything was getting better for me and my nervous break-downs. An old memory sparks a current worry. My HIV paranoia.

3 years ago I was at a party where I danced with this girl for an hour or so.

At the end I realized I had some blood on my leg. Yes. Most likely period blood. I was most definitely feeling her up too. Now I'm worried that I had a cut on my hand or something that night and that would be my downfall.

It's been 3 years and now I'm worried. Should i not be?:doh:

twistandshout
15-01-13, 02:38
I have been through this myself, it is very hard to move on from.
If you have had a HIV test at any point after 12 weeks post this and it was negative, then stop worrying.
I learned so much about HIV through all of my anxiety. I had a nurse conduct a test where they prick your finger, as she conducted the test and the blood flowed from my finger I asked her why she was not wearing gloves.. To this, she smiled and said "even if you had HIV, it is not caught this way, the second the virus hits air it dies"
If you have not had a test then please do so for your won peace of mind, I would put my life on it that it is Negative from what you described.
I feel for you as it took me 14 months to shake it off, the anxiety soon lead into other things whichis when I discovered it was not the HIv worry, simply the anxiety..
Please feel free to ask me anything about this as I feel I have plenty of info to share - one thing you are not thoughis HIV Positive. :)

Tastee
16-01-13, 04:45
Hi! thank you for your response.. your comment put me at ease..

QUESTION THOUGH! I live in a city, a big one. I tend to go out shopping then go home and sometimes forget to wash my hands.

My hands tend to find their way into my mouth sometimes, either by accident or me biting my nails.

Am I at risk for HIV by doing this?

if anyone could answer this for me it'd be a big help. I'm very worried about this, sadly.

twistandshout
16-01-13, 14:01
Let me let you in on a secret lo, I too live in a city, in fact, I work in a massive city... I meet and shake hands with many many people each and every day, I also have a bit of a bad habbit of picking my nose, hand to mouth, I do not have HIV and have probably shaken hands with many many people who have over the years.
I understand your anxiety I do, you must however realise that you can not catch HIV this way... If you shook hands with someone who had fresh HIV infected blood on their hands there is still an absolute minimal minimal risk...
Put it another way, as a man if you had unprotected sex with a woman who HAD HIV, there is only a 1 in 2000 chance you would catch it from that exposure.
To keep safe, always use a condom during sex & only & I mean this, do not worry about day to day contact, it is not caught by casual contact - EVER!!! That means NEVER EVER EVER will you catch it that way!
Go for a run, cook a healthy dinner and put a film on tonight but do not give HIV a single worry unless you have had unprotected sex without a test 12 weeks after to show your status!