PDA

View Full Version : Chest tightness and dizziness

Ric77767
15-01-13, 15:09
Hello all not been on for a while. For the last 2 years I have been getting daily chest pain. It can come out the blue and feel really sharp. Some times it above my breast other times below it.

Had ECG and blood test all clear.

Also last few months when in shops and day to day at work I get really dizzy and feel like I need to hold on to things.

Also get this when brushing teeth etc feel like I'm on a boat. Anyone get this and could this be down to breathing ?!

Catalyst
15-01-13, 18:07
Hi. I suffer with chest pain (mine is costochondritis according to my doctor.) I get brief sharp pains out of the blue and they take weeks (sometimes months) to subside. Even then I'm left with an underlying discomfort in my chest that means it can flare up again very easily. For me it is slightly left of the centre of my chest, but I also feel the pains just below my left collar bone and under my left shoulder blade. But mainly the chest.

As for the dizziness - this is my latest big problem too! I'm currently taking stemetil because of my dizzy spells. Like walking on a boat, feeling unsteady, swaying internally as though I'm going to faint, head rushes, feeling unbalanced when I turn or start walking (as though there is weakness in my legs). The doctor prescribed the tablets thinking that my dizziness is benign positional vertigo - something to do with calcium crystals in my inner ear :shrug: The doctor before that gave me a nasal spray, but that did nothing apart from give me a nasty taste in the back of my throat! I've had bad dizziness for 3 months - it started with a pain in my head at work, followed by a huge head rush (which I think was quite likely an adrenalin rush from me instantly worrying about the pain!) But its continued and I battle between thinking its, a) something really serious and as yet undiagnosed, or b) anxiety induced dizziness due to my being nervous about getting dizzy! I have my doubts about the doctor's diagnosis - mainly because the tablets aren't particularly helping and also I am not very honest with the doc about how anxious I get :blush:

I have wondered myself about it being caused by breathing issues. I do find I tend to hold my breath a bit when I'm concentrating. Hope you feel better soon. I know its a really frustrating symptom.

dlr108
15-01-13, 18:11
yea have the same symptoms for months now doc says its all anxiety ecgs and blood work was clear and my cardiac doc gave me the all clear was looking at me strange.when i said about the boat feeling i also get this when brushing teeth and out shopping

Ric77767
20-01-13, 15:04
Well it's seems we are all the same then. Just praying it stops as it is ruining my life and not enjoying the things I used to.

Do you find drinking alcohol makes you feel dizzy too?!

dlr108
20-01-13, 22:20
yea since all this anxiety started i find that the next day after drinking i have the worst panic attacks im dizzy feel like i can't breath i read on Google that a rare heart condition called hypertrophy cardiomyopathy make you feel the same way after drinking when i told my gp that i was worried i had this condition he was looking at me as if i had lost the plot