PDA

View Full Version : Question...

LockedShut
31-08-06, 01:25
So, like I've said before I'm currently on 10mg citalopram. I've had barely any side effects which I'm incredibly thankful for. Just one night of nausea.

In three days time I've got to up my doseage to 20mg. My doctor says my body would have adjusted to the pills by now. My question is one I up the doseage, will there still be a possibility of side effects? Will I suddenly get side effects, or if my body just going to accept the higher dose?

If anyone could give advice, it'd be great. I get quite anxious about side effects when taking pills, so it'd be good to know in advance if I'm going to feel like c**p...
xo

<center>***************************
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me...</center>

polly daydream
31-08-06, 12:06
Hi, if I was you I would up it by 5mg for the next two weeks then up it to 20mg after that, I think if you up it to 20mg straight away there will be a possibilty that you suffer more side effects, I started on 5mg then 10mg and now I am on 15mg and will up it to 20 in two weeks time. Dr's don't always know best, they have prob never even been on them themselves so how do they know!

Hope this helps,

Polly

chop
31-08-06, 12:27
Hi
I doubt you will get any side effects if you have not already.
BUT having said that, I would go slowly... 15mg for a few days yeh and then go up to 20mg.

Paul

Learning to under react

LockedShut
31-08-06, 13:49
I've been feeling fine lately, so maybe it'll be okay for me to go up to 20mg. My body seems able to handle medication (I've had a number of illnesses in the last 6 months, all requiring some kind of pill!)

Plus, I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to cut my tiny 10mg pill in half to make 5mg!

Thanks for the advice :)
xo

yorkylover
31-08-06, 14:46
Hi I am on citalopram,Im on 20 mg.In the past I was on 20mg then 40 then 60.I got side affects when starting,but once that settled I was ok.I didnt get any affects when uping the dose.But everyone is different.
I have a problem taking any sort of pill.I automatically think Im going to have side affects.My parents always take the side affect paper out of the packet so I cant read it.
I think you will be ok going up to 20mg.

Ellen XX

LockedShut
31-08-06, 14:48
Thanks Ellen. I think I'll be okay, still a little nervous though!

My mum hates when I obsessively read the side effect thingy from the box - she knows that at some point I'll have every side effect! Parents, huh?! :)

xo