PDA

View Full Version : Constant Pain in left arm!

ladymillion
15-01-13, 18:54
For a few weeks now i have had a terrible pain in my left arm from my elbow down. It is agony and now i am terrified incase i am experiencing the early signs of a heart attack. I am only 22 but i am slightly overweight for my height . The pain mostly happens at night and i am hopeing that it is someone anxiety related. Thinking about heart attacks and looking up on google has really scared me!! Any advice ?

nomorepanic
15-01-13, 19:02
Hi

I do not think it is heart attack related as you would have chest pain as well.

It could be tension, carpal tunnel syndrome, trapped nerve etc.

I would go and see the doc about it

ladymillion
15-01-13, 19:05
Ok i dont have any other pain just the pain in my arm. I just worry myself when i look at google!

nomorepanic
15-01-13, 19:08
Don't google cos it will always give you the worst case scenario

fruity
15-01-13, 19:09
for a few weeks now i have had a terrible pain in my left arm from my elbow down. It is agony and now i am terrified incase i am experiencing the early signs of a heart attack. I am only 22 but i am slightly overweight for my height . The pain mostly happens at night and i am hopeing that it is someone anxiety related. Thinking about heart attacks and looking up on google has really scared me!! Any advice ?
snap im exactly the same. It,s not realy bad but it,s very annoying. I got it now & it,s making me anxious but i walkd it up & back from town today with heavy shoppimg bags u see i usually have a lift up & back. But i put this arm pain down to the bags today but then what about the other times. But i always ly funny at night always on my left arm. So could be that with me but also common in anxiety too. How are u at the moment.

ladymillion
17-01-13, 09:59
Thanks Nicola i hate google lol!

Fruity sorry to hear u have this too as it is really sore and makes me very anxious also. I lie on my left arm also at night but its strange how i can be fine most of the day and then it happens around tea time all through the night. I have a docs appointment on the 25th so i will be mentioning it to her while i am there. I think it is anxiety related as i suffer from panic attacks but with it being the left arm it just worries me. Hope u r ok x

fruity
17-01-13, 18:45
Thanks Nicola i hate google lol!

Fruity sorry to hear u have this too as it is really sore and makes me very anxious also. I lie on my left arm also at night but its strange how i can be fine most of the day and then it happens around tea time all through the night. I have a docs appointment on the 25th so i will be mentioning it to her while i am there. I think it is anxiety related as i suffer from panic attacks but with it being the left arm it just worries me. Hope u r ok x
im ok thank u. r u?