PDA

View Full Version : lymp node anxiety sending me crazy

blox123
15-01-13, 19:01
hi everyone, well i have been feeling good for the past few weeks. Then i don't know why, but today i started touching my neck and have started worrying again..

i have one small one on the lower left side of my neck then two more above that which feel slightly bigger i also have 2 on the right side...none under my arms or in my groin that i can feel... I generally feel ok in myself, not overly tired... The only thing i have is constant phlegm during the day that i have to make myself cough up..not very nice..but its clear so no infection.
i suppose in looking for reassurance as im scared of going to the doctors.
also the nodes feel bigger if i pinch them to when i rub my fingers over ny neck...how exactly are u supposed to feel them?
sorry for this long post its just hard for me. .ive been thinking i have lymphoma \hodgkins for over a year now, i haven't had any other symptoms ..ive gained a few pounds, no night sweats or any thing like that...just these nodes! But why can i feel so many, the cold i had started before Xmas so they should have gone by now. God help me with this vile anxiety!!

PinkRoxy
23-01-13, 08:57
I would go and get them checked by your doctor. I don't think it would be anything serious but with lymph nodes I would get them checked to make sure there is nothing going on. Usually they can flare up when you are not well such as coughing up phlegm whether you have an infection or not lymph nodes usually respond to things going on in your body. I have one and it always flares up whether I am stressed or unwell.

I hope you go and get them checked because it will give you peace of mind to know that there is nothing to worry about :)