PDA

View Full Version : Test results the doctor wants to see me

Susieb2
15-01-13, 20:59
So I went for blood tests a week or so ago and I got told the results were fine but I got a call from the doctors today and the receptionist said that the doctor wants to see me to follow up on my results and I can't get an appointment until next Thursday. So I've been trying to keep telling myself that if it was anything bad to doctor would want to see me sooner but I can't stop thinking about why he would want to see me. I've had quite a few medical problems in the past that have ended in a few days/week in hospital so all I'm thinking is that I'm going to end up back in hospital. I'm wondering if I could call the doctors and tell the doctor that I'm going to be in a mess until I find out n could I be seen sooner?

It's just tumbling around in my head.

Annie0904
15-01-13, 21:03
If it is anything like my doctors they usually want to see you anyway to give you the results, good or bad. Like you say if it was anything serious they would be asking you to go in sooner. x

cattia
15-01-13, 22:48
I've known a couple of people who have had something serious come back from their blood and the Dr has called them in the same day. I once had my blood tests come back with very low blood sugar and they couldn't contact me by phone so they sent the out of hours doctor to my house the same evening! If it was anything bad they wouldn't leave it to a routine appointment.

Pipkin
15-01-13, 22:59
They usually ask to see you if the tests are clear so that they can decide a different course of action. In other words, whatever your symptoms are, they're not caused by anything they tested for. In my case, it's always anxiety related but you haven't said what the problem is.

It's nothing to worry about, it's just routine.

Pip x