PDA

View Full Version : New, but a long time lurker

ladymage_411
16-01-13, 09:15
Hi everyone, I've known about this site for some time and have been lurking around reading the forums but never actually joined until now. I've struggled with varying types of anxiety since middle school (I'm almost 28 now) ranging from health anxiety to social anxiety and they all seem to tie in together, in what I would sometimes consider a knot. A knot is also what my mind and stomach resemble sometimes, I like to think.

My current living situation lends itself to some interesting things as I currently live in South Korea (originally from the US) teaching English to small children until September 2013. In some ways it's been enlightening and helpful for me as a person, but I struggle a lot too. In some ways the internet has become my haven in such a different place. I'm really trying though and pushing myself to make the best of (sometimes really) uncomfortable situations has been good, but hard. I'm really hoping to get back to a therapist again once I return to the states and have insurance again too. First things first, the 7 or so months left here as an expat!

I'm hoping to meet some like minded people here and find some personal peace of mind through your experiences and any advice you may have, especially since everyone seems to be so kind. Thanks for reading and nice to meet you. LM

nomorepanic
16-01-13, 09:27
Hi ladymage_411

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
16-01-13, 09:38
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs