PDA

View Full Version : side effects

spottitchsam
16-01-13, 11:15
hi guys the side effects on some of the pills,how long do they last for.I have been taking amitriptyline for 9 days now and I have got 2 side effects,one is wandering legs and the other is a very dry mouth.have a good day every one.x

Dazza123
16-01-13, 16:26
I had a dry mouth for as long I took them, mine never went away. As for wandering legs, I'd be more concerned with that, where exactly do they go? :D

spottitchsam
16-01-13, 16:45
I had a dry mouth for as long I took them, mine never went away. As for wandering legs, I'd be more concerned with that, where exactly do they go? :D

thanks dazza the dry mouth is there most of the night even though I take 2pints of water up with me.the legs are difficult to describe they are not like pins and needles they just ache and seem to go tight and the only thing I can do is either get out of bed and walk around,stamp my feet,or rub them very hard.take care x

Dazza123
16-01-13, 23:46
What if you had a hot water bottle, wrapped in a towel to protect from the heat and had it between your thighs or calf, the warm sensation might relieve the restless legs?

spottitchsam
17-01-13, 11:50
What if you had a hot water bottle, wrapped in a towel to protect from the heat and had it between your thighs or calf, the warm sensation might relieve the restless legs?

dazza that is a very good tip I will try that tonight.thankyou so much.x