PDA

View Full Version : has anyone come out the other side

grace37
16-01-13, 18:22
just out of interest has anyone found the cure or is panic something i'm going to have to live with all my life if that's how it is then fine i'll learn to deal with it but would like to know

Kayleigh100
16-01-13, 22:20
I had panic for about a year approximately ten years ago and then did, yes, come out of it. It became bad again recently due to a large number of stresses hitting me all at once. I suppose that means I was never cured but I was certainly well and completely free of attacks for close to a decade.

Annie0904
16-01-13, 22:33
I had my Occupational Health Assessment on Monday and the doctor said I will never be 'cured' but I will learn to deal with it.

tigerlark
16-01-13, 23:29
My mom started having panic attacks when she was 11 and didn't get help until she was in her 30's. Through counseling, CBT, medication, and LOTS of prayer, she has been totally cured of anxiety and panic. As I struggle through my own stuff, she has been a tremendous help and the light at the end of the tunnel for me! I hope that lifts your spirits! :)

grace37
18-01-13, 17:51
I've suffered on and off since I was 8 and i'm now in my late 30's so starting to think its just something I've got to live with xxxx

starlight78
18-01-13, 19:48
I've had ups and downs over the last 10 years. I've had some really tough patches, but mostly my life has been good.
I think accepting that sometimes I will have anxiety and depression, but it will pass as it always does actually helps me more than trying to make it go away completely x

Via75
18-01-13, 21:03
The answer is YES, you can come out the other side. The added bonus
is that you will come out with a positive outlook on life, a changed
person.

In my case, I suffered for many years but I was committed to
be 'cured'. I firmly believed that the suffering will be over one
day.

As far as I'm concerned, those years have been very tough but the
outcome has been a blessing in disguise. Now, I'm very comfortable
with myself, solution-oriented and I impact other people to thrive
through challenges.

As mentioned in the previous post you have to accept that sometimes
you will have anxiety but you will have learned how to deal with it.

Just believe deep within you that you will come out the other side.
This belief will help you attract towards you solutions/cure that
you need.

I believe you will come out the other side.

Ronno
19-01-13, 14:36
Yes , I had panic attacks for months on end in the beginning , but once I realised they were triggered by my fear of them , and they can't hurt you no matter how bad they are .
I used to feel the surge of adrenalin and recognise what was happening and just let it come , they then get less strong and in the end disappear . Read Claire weekes book " self help with your nerves " she talks you through it .

Lissa101
19-01-13, 16:10
Annie - my GP who's a really lovely guy told me not to think in terms of being 'cured'. He said I should try and think of it as like an anxiety/panic gradient, not a disease. Sometimes I'll be at the high anxiety end sometimes I'll be at a lower anxiety intensity. Hope that helps; I find the 'learn to deal/live with it' line very depressing, even when said in the nicest possible way.

tigerlark
19-01-13, 16:41
I know I already posted here once, but.. I am almost out of the woods with my panic attacks. This can be a hard concept to grasp, but I promise you, it's all about your MIND! Ever since I started having panic attacks, I have started filling my MIND with God's word, and each time I feel the least bit anxious, some Scripture pertaining to what I'm worried about pops up and relieves my fears.

Now, you may not be a Christian, but fill up your MIND with something positive! I have a list of daily affirmations that I read every day! They say things like "I am healthy, I am beautiful, I am excellent, etc." It's a huge list and takes me about 10 minutes to read them out loud. I promise you, if you talk to your fears and replace your negative thinking with positive thinking, your panic WILL go away. Medication is a great tool, but in the end, getting over panic is all about retraining your mind to think positively! You can do it! I believe in every single person here who deals with panic attacks!

grace37
19-01-13, 19:33
Thank you all for your kind trying to work on seeing the positives' the fact that I have a man that loves me know matter what and great family and friends who think that to go through what I've been through that am amazing xx

jency
19-01-13, 20:20
i have had panic attacks for 40 years, i dont think there is a cure. i have just got used to living with them. i try to keep my general anxiety low and to recognise the early symptoms so i can counteract them it doesnt always work though