PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel this way?

tigerlark
17-01-13, 00:13
I see a lot of posts about cancer or heart attacks, but I was wondering.. does anyone else fear having a seizure? For some reason, this is one of my panic triggers. I am not epileptic, but I did have a couple of seizures as a kid because of a high fever. I have had lots of neurological testing after that and have never had a seizure since, and I of course don't remember them at all. It never started bothering me until I started dealing with panic attacks in November.

So is there anyone else out there who fears seizures? I really hope I'm not alone in this...

fruity
18-01-13, 14:38
I see a lot of posts about cancer or heart attacks, but I was wondering.. does anyone else fear having a seizure? For some reason, this is one of my panic triggers. I am not epileptic, but I did have a couple of seizures as a kid because of a high fever. I have had lots of neurological testing after that and have never had a seizure since, and I of course don't remember them at all. It never started bothering me until I started dealing with panic attacks in November.

So is there anyone else out there who fears seizures? I really hope I'm not alone in this...
hey tigerlark. i fear that too. aswell as the main!

skippy66
18-01-13, 14:45
I used to fear strokes. Then someone I knew developed a brain tumour and one of the first symptoms of this was a nasty seizure. So I started fearing seizures more than strokes.

Try to make yourself have a seizure right now...go on, be brave...

...you can't? Try harder...

...still can't?

You're absolutely fine and you're not about to have a seizure. Don't worry about things until they happen.

Do you worry about having a serious accident everytime you get in the car? Because the chances of this happening are far greater than the chances of you having a seizure.

spacebunnyx
18-01-13, 15:27
yes, I do. I had a seizure just over a year ago - nasty reaction to some medication. When I begin to panic I get a feeling like the seizure starting in my head and it makes me panic more because I'm so scared of the reaction I had.

However, I *try* to tell myself that even though I had a seizure that was quite nasty, I didint die and my body recovered quickly. sometimes it works! :-)