PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice Please?

reddevil
31-08-06, 08:52
As several of you are aware, I have been having this throat symptom, feels a little sore and the top of my mouth tingles.
For the first hour in the morning it appears fine but then it's with me for the rest of the day, gets worse as the day goes on.

I went to the doctors on Tuesday, he was a new doctor and to me and my wife, he was not very polite.
He looked down my throat and felt my kneck, he said he could not see anything and he did not know what to suggest.
I then asked him if anxiety can cause this and he just shrugged his shoulders.

As you can tell, I came away not feeling confident with the diagnosis.
I would like to go back to the doctors but it's embarrassing for me.
I have looked in all my anxiety books (even Claire Weeks) and there is nothing relating to a sore throat.
All I can find it tightness and the lump feeling.
People at work have also commented on how my voice sounds different at times of the day.

I just do not know what to do.
Do I ignore it, if I do would it be serious?

As you can see I'm in a mess, even highered my medication last night as I felt low and very worried about my mouth.
Everybody I talk to, all they say is the word ANXIETY, which tends to me my label to everybody these day.
I have not goggled my symptoms as I'm sure it would make me worse.

Does anybody have information or knowledge on anxiety and the throat?

jackie
31-08-06, 10:43
this is one of my mate marcias most common symptoms i promise

she says its definitely anxiety and it happens all the time

hope this helps

jackie

nomorepanic
31-08-06, 20:32
Can you ask them to do a throat swab?

They did one on me as I had a sore throat for ages and it turned out to be a rare throat infection so you never know??

Nicola

sxalabarde
31-08-06, 21:47
Anxiety can do pretty much anything. The power of our minds is really amazing and I find all the time that when I worry about something, it often starts hurting, but when I get reassured that it's nothing, I forget about it and it stops.

Here's a way in which you can tell whether it's real. If you're really engrossed in something, does this ache bother you? That is, is it the thought (how's that throat doing?) that comes first, or does the pain actually make you think about it even when you are distracted?

phoebegirl
31-08-06, 22:00
My sister has been recently diagnosed with graves diesease which is a thyroid problem. One of her symptoms was a strange feeling throat and a swelling (she has a slight adams apple). The doctors told her that the symptoms of anxiety and overactive thyroid are very similar. She had actually gone to the doctors thinking she was suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. I have had my thyroid checked and it is fine so my symptoms are anxiety and panic attacks but I had to have it checked just incase.

phoebegirl

alicia123
01-09-06, 09:20
One of the symptoms of anxiety is muscle tension, so if your neck and throat muscles are in a constant state of tension then you will feel tight and lumpy in the throat.

Best thing is to go to another doctor and make absolutely sure that there is nothing wrong with your throat, then you can forget about a physical illness and get on with doing something about the anxiety, if that is what it is.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com

reddevil
01-09-06, 10:36
I have been back to docs and he said my thrao very red.

He gave me antibiotics.

Red