PDA

View Full Version : Banned medication

RVP
17-01-13, 10:55
I'm on 10mg Amlodipine BP medication, and have been since April.

I missed my dose last night so this morning I googled if I can change the time I take my medication completely from the evening/midnight to earler, around 6pm after missing a dose.

Anyways, I got to find out that this particular medication is banned in Holland (and other countries) and is used for vetinary. From what I know it's been banned because of the symptoms it causes people and there are other medications out there which does the same without as many symptoms.

Should I be worried? maybe ask my Doctor about this?

Serenitie
17-01-13, 11:43
If in doubt call your GP to discuss this to put your mind at rest and maybe discuss alternatives if you still feel anxious about taking this medication. If you feel anxious about taking a medication it is less likely to work so is worth assessing your options. Good luck!

Edie
18-01-13, 15:52
Speak to your GP about this, hopefully they can reassure you.

If you are not having the problems, it may well be safe for you. It depends if the problems are things that would be immediately obvious or more long term.

I hope you can reach a solution you're comfortable with.

Anxious_gal
19-01-13, 00:26
Don't worry, a lot of people medication is also used to treat animals : )
ALL medications comes with side effects, yes some are banned in some countries, I guess you should talk to your doctor, or read the leaflet so you are more informed about possible adverse effects.