PDA

View Full Version : ? hypersensitive

Ats666
17-01-13, 18:17
Just a question really!
Do you think that if you are anxious about a particular part of your body, are you more sensitive in that area and feel sensations that fuel your anxiety?
:weep:

Annie0904
17-01-13, 18:43
My Physio told me that people who suffer from anxiety have a more sensitive nervous system so feel more pain and and sensations.

spacebunnyx
17-01-13, 19:19
Yes!!!! When I'm worrying about a particular part of my body I feel EVERY single sensation and it kind of amplifies it. I swear my mind makes me feel pain that isn't there as well. I'm not sure what the solution is... I try forcing myself to focus on another part of my body and seeing if I can make the sensation appear there as well.

Also, exercise - I find that when I exercise my pain or sensation miraculously goes... :-)

almamatters
17-01-13, 19:21
Totally believe this is true, GP told me that my central nervous system has gone into overdrive due to anxiety and I now have random pains all over the place.
Also If you are concentrating on a particular thing , I am worrying about lymph nodes again and whenever I start to really become anxious about them they do start to hurt, it is not easy to ignore the pain when you have it and that then fuels the anxiety. :hugs: xxxx

Ats666
17-01-13, 19:42
Thanks for your replies...just worrying again about sensations that im getting. :)

katieloveshoes
17-01-13, 20:29
Yes!!!! When I'm worrying about a particular part of my body I feel EVERY single sensation and it kind of amplifies it. I swear my mind makes me feel pain that isn't there as well. I'm not sure what the solution is... I try forcing myself to focus on another part of my body and seeing if I can make the sensation appear there as well.

Also, exercise - I find that when I exercise my pain or sensation miraculously goes... :-)

This is me all over!!