PDA

View Full Version : Mouth worry :-(

spacebunnyx
17-01-13, 18:55
Hi,

I've been worrying about this small lump in my mouth (upper right gum) for a week now. I hate feeling like this. Yesterday I went to the dentist who had a quick look in my mouth and said there is no lump - but there is!! :weep: I felt it with my tongue and I got a torch and had a look - its like a small smooth mound - but def there. I'm not sure what to do... I'm so worried I have mouth "C". I don't think my dentist is particularly good tbh. Bit of a ropey dental practice. I had treatment for precancerous cells in my cervix 5 years ago caused by HPV - now I'm having a freak-out that its developed in my mouth :weep:

On the other hand I know I'm under a lot of stress atm. I had failed IVF last summer, followed by an ectopic pregnancy in October and now I'm surrounded by boxes because we are moving house. Within that I'm holding down a full time job as a secondary school teacher. I'm having CBT for HA which doesn't seem to be working too well! Although I get the point and idea of CBT, I practice the thought processes.. I can't shake the feeling that something is wrong.

What is the rational thing to do in this situation? I feel like I'm reaching the end of my tether.

I'm (almost) 32 and on no medication.

thanks

Space xxx

katieloveshoes
17-01-13, 20:41
Hi Space -

Oh dear sounds like a nightmare :( especially when you feel it and the dentist didn't!

Know what I'd do? Give it a week and go the docs if its still there. Explain the dentist said nothing was there - but there is!

Could be an ulcer? boil? Mouths get them too! :)

Whatever it is wont do you any harm for another few days - promise!

xx

Tessar
17-01-13, 21:48
It does sound like a nightmare..... And I'd do what Katie's suggested, go the docs if its still there. You've had loads going on recently & none of it easy to deal with. Obviously I don't know how long you've been doing CBT, but it can take time to work because you're replacing habits & ways of thinking that have become very natural to u and deeply engrained. Replacing that way of thinking takes practice too.. So do keep at it.

tigerlark
17-01-13, 23:50
I agree with the two posters ahead of me: wait a week and if it's still there, go see a doctor! I remember my mom had something like a bone spur in her mouth once.. I believe she got it shaved down at an oral surgeon or something so it wouldn't bother her anymore. And during the next week, remember that your mouth is one of the fastest-healing and most resilient parts of your body. Ever noticed that when you burn your tongue or get a cut in your mouth, it heals super quickly compared to a finger tip? Just relax! :)