PDA

View Full Version : Work & 'Our' Illness - Your Advice/Experiences

Chester
17-01-13, 20:13
Hi all.

Just after your wisened advice on the subject.

I've been off work since May last year with depression/anxiety which is slowly, very slowly, improving. My SSP ended and I'm now on the dreaded route to ESA and the ATOS exam.

Occupational Health advised my employer in December I would need another 6 months off, possibly 7 months and then staged returns and that because no medical questionnaire was ever asked of me, that I'd be covered under DDA.

So, my job was advertised as temporary position in October, they hired and the person who took it, resigned in December. They've re-advertised it this month but put no mention of whether it's temporary/permanent.

Now, I know they need someone to do my job, but my question is, why haven't they sacked me? I will in all honesty want another less stressful closer to home job when I recover anyway, but its odd.

I've asked 'what happens next' and never got a clear response, almost like they dodged the question!

Has anyone experienced this and what was that outcome?

Annie0904
17-01-13, 20:28
I know they have got somebody to cover my job until I go back. If they haven't spoken to you and gone through the correct dismissal procedure then your job must still be there for you to go back to. I am going back on 11th Feb but still have to go to an ATOS medical on 1st Feb :(