PDA

View Full Version : feel like im cracking up

fabs
17-01-13, 20:16
I started fluexotine 4 days ago, for mod/severe depression. Today I feel worse than I did before the meds. Im irritable, and feels like my minds doing overtime. My head feels so heavy my necks hurting. Im so angry at my bf I could hit him. I feel like I hate him. Im at work and im really struggling to function. I just want to be alone. Only my bf and a friend know whats going on. I feel so alone. My family wouldnt understand they think im daft anyway. My nickname is dolly dimple so theyd just take the mick.

Pigeon
17-01-13, 20:30
Hi Fabs
You've only just started on your medication so it won't have started to work yet. Sometimes you feel a little worse before your body adjusts and then you start to feel better. It can take a few weeks.
Your head and neck symptoms are due to the tension and anxiety. Look at the left hand side of the page where it says symptoms and there's a bit that explains this.
Has your doctor suggested any counselling or similar? I think if you can't talk to family and there'sonly your friend and b/friend aware, it may be you need to speak to someone neutral.
You won't crack up, this will pass and you'll start to feel better soon.
And one more thing, you're not 'daft'. Sure your nickname is due to affection not ridicule but sometimes people don't realise what they say can hurt. If you were daft, you wouldn't have done something as sensible as seek help like you have.
Sending you lots of hugs
Pigeon:hugs:

Oosh
17-01-13, 20:49
I was on fluoxetine/Prozac for four years. The first time I took it it made me feel weird straight away and I thought "screw that" and discontinued.
But I read a book some time later called "Britain on the couch" about meds and felt better about trying something.

The second time I tried it I was prepared for the reported anxiety I may feel in the first weeks. I was determined to get to the bit where I was supposedly going to feel better. After few weeks I was ok.

Stick with it through this bit. I think the start is supposed to be a bit tricky on them all. If you don't have anyone to talk to keep a mood diary. Spill it all out in there. How you feel on an hourly or day to day basis. Observations, improvements, new side effects. After so many weeks make a judgement based on your findings whether you think it's worth continuing.

I liked a lot about Prozac. But we're all different.

fabs
17-01-13, 21:40
Thanks guys, yeah the doctor has referred me for counselling, itl prob take a few weeks to hear back. Im going to see my friend at the wkend she has some workbooks as shes going through something similar. Im trying ti be normal while im at work as I work with my mam in a taxi office part time, obviously she doesnt know and im struggling. I dont even want to talk to people. I am at work tomorrow and im dreading it. The depression wasnt affecting my work before I started meds, as letting people down is an issue I have but now I cant face thinking about work tomorrow. Just wanna hide away.
The diary defiantly sounds like a good idea, I did that as a teenager, to get my emotions out cause I find it difficult to talk about my feelings/problems. Thank you