PDA

View Full Version : Balance problems and dizziness

Iced_diamond
17-01-13, 20:29
For the past week I have had a really agressive cold. I should have taken a rest day, but went into work every day this week. The last few days I have felt exhausted and I have to blow my nose like every 5 minutes-I have so much phlegm (sorry for tmi)! Now I've started to feel really dizzy and lightheaded. I feels like I have a balance problem...starting to panic a bit now, as I've never had this with a cold before...is this normal?

katieloveshoes
17-01-13, 20:36
Hi Iced Diamond -

Sinuses - funny old things. Blocked sinuses cause balance issues as it can affect your ears and head - which will make you feel very fuzzy and dizzy.

Sounds more like the flu though rather than a cold - well done you for going to work!! :-)

Rest up the weekend with a blanket xx

Iced_diamond
17-01-13, 20:59
Hi, I thought it probably was related-guess this is just a particularly nasty one. :weep: Well, it wasn't really smart to go to work and I have decided to take tomorrow off, as I am in real need of a proper rest. I always like to go in, as it takes my attention away from having health worries, but at the end of the day the body needs rest when it's run down....

katieloveshoes
17-01-13, 21:23
I think you need a definate break!! Take tomorrow off and put your feet up, sounds like its well needed!

Tessar
17-01-13, 21:35
There's nasty colds going round at the mo Iced_Diamond..... It does sound like that's behind it. Katie's right.... Do take a break & look after yourself!

Iced_diamond
18-01-13, 08:02
Thank you ladies-I will be staying firmly at home-snowed in anyway today. :D

Tessar
18-01-13, 09:00
Thank you ladies-I will be staying firmly at home-snowed in anyway today. :D

Good on u, it's important to look after yourself :bighug1:

panickyme
18-01-13, 12:02
Get lots of rest, and plenty of fluids, hope you feel better soon. :hugs: