PDA

View Full Version : I worry about little things other people would shrug off!

bexbex
18-01-13, 00:08
My worrying is getting worse and worse.
I spoke to my partner about examples of some of the things I worry about and he laughs (which I quite like, sort of reassures me) and says I worry about the tiniest little things and nothing will happen.

He is the one I tell most of my problems too, because I find him comforting and most of the things I worry about he has done before (not worried about it-but hasn't had a problem with it) If you get the point I mean.

I worry about day to day things, like this for example.
My partner is a smoker - and today at 2pm went outside for one with him (very occasional for me, and he is cutting down to quit so no pestering me for this! ha)
I ashed in a bucket of water, and put the butt in a sealed jar of water.
10 hours later I am scared a fire will start by stray ember blown in the wind to a pile of leaves outside.

My boyfriend wouldn't still be awake worrying about something like this! Why am I?

I guess the point I am trying to say is why am I the one constantly worried! Friends and my boyfriend are so care free and happy. When they are worried about something they will tell me and it would be something pretty big. My worries are all tiny in comparison but still have the power to keep me up and night and spend all my time in the day fretting.

I am getting worse and worse, i panic and fret about just about everything. (I don't want to go on giving examples)

I would like ways in dealing my worrying mind! Getting very horrible now!

xdavex
18-01-13, 00:37
Sometimes being over cautious is'nt neccesserily a bad thing, - my example is ; I am a smoker of cigarettes too & a few weeks ago I decided to empty my astray in a bin next to my PC desk, a few minuits later I noticed what I thought was smoke coming out of my PC tower so I panicked & switched off the extention lead to my PC, printer, router, etc, then I relized the smoke was coming from the bin that I had emptied my ashtray, I doused the bin with a cup of water & its lucky I did so, as clearly the burning had advanced to a flame & it would've been a matter of seconds un-noticed to become much more of a hazard.

I'm not sure what to suggest if you feel your worrying is increasing, it sounds like OCD, which I have a little of in whatever I do (I over-think things & look too deeply into perfection & I'm very un-decisive about various things:unsure:) .

I'm sure someone else here can give you some positive & more helpfull advice than myself...

bexbex
18-01-13, 00:54
Thanks for a reply!
I know wear you are coming from. I think it is good to be cautious. But sometimes I am a little too cautious! The fact this was 10 hours ago and I want to go outside and check everywhere for embers. Even though I won't find a thing! I want to douse down the patio with water!
I don't want to tell my partner to stop just because I have mad panics about cigarette ash- I want to try and get over this mad fear- or ocd like you suggested.

So annoying. It isn't just smoking I have a worry about it is lots of little things! I just used this as an example.
It is good to be over cautious, but when I am up at night, and loose focus on my uni work because I can't stop worrying an thinking of the worse is getting annoying!

Magic
18-01-13, 16:14
Bexbex,
I am exatly like you down to a tee.I have always been like this all my life as far as i can remember. My husband keeps shaking his head and lets me get on with it.
He is uaually waiting in the car far before i can get in it because i'm checking if i have put my ciggy out properly and left it in a safe tin -- my tin.then seein if any taps are left on even thouh they have not been turned on
It's thougherly exhausting. I am sorry I cannot suggest anything to help you when I don't know how to get out of the habit myself. I am glad i am not the only one.

LoveMusic
19-01-13, 10:02
Its so frustrating though, isn't it? I waste so much of my time feeling unhappy.

One of my biggest triggers is arguments, so in my house just hearing a slightly raised voice (can even be just someone retelling something!) and I feel the wave of panic.

bexbex
19-01-13, 13:09
Its so frustrating though, isn't it? I waste so much of my time feeling unhappy.

One of my biggest triggers is arguments, so in my house just hearing a slightly raised voice (can even be just someone retelling something!) and I feel the wave of panic.

I get worried about that too! When someone has a problem with someone or says something I always think I am part of the cause.
Then I rack my brain and see if I had said anything.
I feel as if if there was an argument in this house, I could be part of the cause!

It is horrible spending all of my worrying about things I can't do anything about because IT has happened, or I have done something or I have said something.

How do you deal with it?

LoveMusic
19-01-13, 13:15
I always think its me, or I worry that they are going to fall out and be really unhappy and I can't fix it.

I find it really hard, its a real trigger right now. I just need to let myself calm down and think that people have arguments every day, its healthy to get things out and I can't control how others feel.