PDA

View Full Version : momentary deafness in one ear?

justbananas
18-01-13, 02:34
I know that sounds nuts and perhaps don't know how to describe it.

Oddly, I'm not actually anxious about this rather asking if perhaps anyone's had any experience with it so I can go in the right direction to look into it, perhaps ENT?

sometimes every once in awhile I'll be standing or doing something and out of nowhere it feels like my hearing has gone .. but it seems only in the left ear, and only for maybe 5-10 seconds. I'm not sure it's even really hearing gone per se.. but it feels this weird space out moment of fullness in the ear and in turn it makes me a teensy bit dizzy, but that might just be my panic at it.

This is the same ear that I hear clicking or popping in at times over the years and I get wobbly off and on sometimes so I am thinking inner ear problem. The momentary switch off in the ear though is weird! kinda freaked me out today but it's happened a bunch before, sporadically.:wacko:

montos
18-01-13, 07:18
I get this once in a while. My hearing goes for a few seconds and when it comes back it rings for about 30 seconds or so.

I've never noticed it to be proceeded by anxiety and I've had it happen for do long it never bothered me. Never talked to a doctor about it.

Not to say you shouldn't get checked out if you're worried but it never bothered me.