PDA

View Full Version : Needing reassurance

SuperStar457
18-01-13, 09:05
Hi guys, I'm on day 9 of citalipram and am worried at how much nausea I'm still feeling!
I had nausea before I started the meds (just with anxiety I think) but wondered if this is still side effects at this stage?
I'm scared and I have no apetite for weeks!
Is there a light at end of tunnel? Is it normal to still be feeling so off colour at this stage?
Please help

eternally optimistic
18-01-13, 09:17
Morning...

You are probably in the home straight now, regarding your nausea etc.

Usually after 2 weeks the worst side effects tail off and you should start feeling better soon.

I lost quite a bit of weight in the first couple of weeks, felt hungry but just couldnt eat.

Hang in there and, you will start to feel better within yourself.

Take care.

SuperStar457
18-01-13, 09:23
Thank you, I'm just so frustrated as I was feeling so yuk before the meds and now the nausea is unbearable :(

rcs
18-01-13, 14:16
It sounds more like anxiety causing the nausea and eventually that should tail off. I have been on citalopram for 4 weeks and i am eating like a horse now which i will have to curtail, you will have good days and bad days but eventually the good days will increase.
Take care
Bob...

SuperStar457
18-01-13, 14:42
My anxiety seems to have improved and I can cope with it at the minute, it's the nausea and dizziness that's worst, is it really common to still feel like this on day 9? Hope it eases soon, got 2 young kids to look after and it's getting me down :(

spottitchsam
18-01-13, 14:43
Hi guys, I'm on day 9 of citalipram and am worried at how much nausea I'm still feeling!
I had nausea before I started the meds (just with anxiety I think) but wondered if this is still side effects at this stage?
I'm scared and I have no apetite for weeks!
Is there a light at end of tunnel? Is it normal to still be feeling so off colour at this stage?
Please help

superstar I don't know anything about the pill you are taking so I can't comment.hope you will be back to normal soon.sending you lots of hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.and keep warm in this weather.x

SuperStar457
18-01-13, 14:56
Thanks jean, just struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel today :(

almamatters
18-01-13, 16:27
Sorry I do not know anything about Citalopram neither, but I hope you are feeling better soon, there is light at the end of the tunnel, you will get there. :hugs:

JT69
18-01-13, 17:09
Hello

It will definately pass...the side effects can be awful at times but it will be worth it. I always lost weight and had upset stomach when starting this med along with increased anxiety but it does pass and you will feel the benefit!! Hang on in there...better times ahead:)

Take care
Jo.x

SuperStar457
19-01-13, 13:28
Thank you! This nausea is horrible and the thought of food makes me wretch, I just worry how long this will last :(

MannyJim
20-01-13, 07:25
Im just starting citalopram and my anxiety is pretty bad my dp dr symtoms are intense and im having consistant bad thoughts, I hate it. Has anyone else felt shitty the first couple weeks on this drug?

SuperStar457
20-01-13, 08:52
I'm now on day 11 and def feel worse than the first few days of taking it. I'm sick, dizzy shaky, some people say this is normal but I took this tablet to help those same symptoms I was getting with anxiety :(
Can't even sleep with tamezepam tablet feeling very low today