PDA

View Full Version : my daughter is going for an ultrasound on her lymph nodes

lisak789
18-01-13, 09:28
i cant take it anymore, I feel so scared. I got a third opinion on my daugthers lymph nodes behind he ears and she has to go for blood work and an ultrasound tomorrow. I am so scared for her shes only 12.

Daisy Sue
18-01-13, 09:46
hi Lisa, just wanted to wish you good luck for your daughter's results. kids' glands do all sorts of weird things, and especially at this time of year when there's a multitude of virus's lurking in the air we breathe.

as a mum, and a worrier, and prone to anxiety - i know how you're feeling. keep strong, & i'm sure it'll turn out to be something innocent. x

PinkRoxy
18-01-13, 10:40
Some doctors do over react to things that seem not that bad. I have a lymph node on my neck on the right side and has been there for years now. I sometimes pops up and aches especially under stress and illnesses.

I wouldn't worry about it they are usually just trying to be cautious and usually they will send for tests even when most of the time they know that the tests probably no need and its mainly to put your mind at ease.

An example my doctor has sent me for ultrasounds and she told me that she knows there will be nothing there but she sending me for my peace of mind.

Hope all is ok :)

katesa
18-01-13, 11:33
You've taken her in 3 times previously and now gone to see somebody else as well - of COURSE at this stage they are going to refer her, even if they think she's absolutely fine because they can see that if they tell you she's ok, you just won't believe them.

As I said before, please be careful that your daughter doesn't sense this fear. My own mother caused my life long problems with HA due to taking me in to doctors and for testing constantly and never believing them when they said I was fine!

panickyme
18-01-13, 11:59
Wishing you and your daughter the best! Hope everything goes well. :hugs:

lisak789
18-01-13, 13:43
You've taken her in 3 times previously and now gone to see somebody else as well - of COURSE at this stage they are going to refer her, even if they think she's absolutely fine because they can see that if they tell you she's ok, you just won't believe them.

As I said before, please be careful that your daughter doesn't sense this fear. My own mother caused my life long problems with HA due to taking me in to doctors and for testing constantly and never believing them when they said I was fine!

She felt Samantha's lymph nodes and was concerned even before I told her I took her to two other doctors.

katesa
18-01-13, 13:53
She felt Samantha's lymph nodes and was concerned even before I told her I took her to two other doctors.

They will have seen her notes hon. And seen how anxious you are. Your little girl will be just fine, you'll see.

lisak789
18-01-13, 14:04
You are right though, in my head I think I'm being a good mom and protecting them but in the long run I am doing more harm. I just don't want to lose another child.

katesa
18-01-13, 14:30
You're a mother who had a horrific loss and it's so understandable that you feel this way. My Mum is a loving, wonderful Mum who reacted to the loss of my little brother by worrying constantly about my health - totally understandable. I just wish she'd have gotten help.

If (when) the tests come back all clear, do you think you'll be able to let it go and believe them? x

lisak789
18-01-13, 22:12
Just a fast update! We got Samantha's ultrasound done on her lymph nodes behind her ears and the radiologist said they looked good and normal. So now I'm just waiting for the blood test results and I might be able to sleep tonight!

Daisy Sue
18-01-13, 23:57
looking good :) really pleased to hear the ultrasound result was so positive... fingers crossed for the bloods now.

nomorepanic
19-01-13, 00:15
There you go Lisa - we told you it would all be ok. Good news though and please try to stop worrying now ok?

macc noodle
19-01-13, 10:05
I am pleased that your daughter's results were clear but I am so concerned about the future mental health issues that your daughter may suffer as a result of your over anxiousness about her health.

I have every sympathy with your anxieties - as older members here will know - I have suffered from HA from being about 15 and I am now 51 - I have two children so I do understand.

However, being a sufferer, I have always been very conscious of trying to protect them from my anxieties. Hubby has always been the one who takes them to the docs - he is very calm and a coper.

But even then my eldest suffers PAs and is quite an anxious person which I am sure is directly related to my own problems. I shudder to think potentially how much worse he could be had I pursued his various childhood illnesses as life and death issues that needed 2nd and 3rd opinions and investigations.

I urge you to try and get some help to deal further with your own issues and anxieties.

Macc Noodle
Xx