PDA

View Full Version : back 2 days

spottitchsam
18-01-13, 12:09
hello my friends.I know that I have come a long way since the 1st of January,but since I started taking the stelazine pill 2 days ago the after effects has upset my sleep so I am going to ask the gp for me to stop taking it.I just got my other pill the amitriptyline to work.all the best guys.x

Elle-Kay
18-01-13, 12:16
Two days isn't very long for side effects to settle down. Perhaps try giving it a week at least, if you can bear it.

Annie0904
18-01-13, 12:37
I agree with Elle-Kay, I would try and stick it out for a bit longer, like Elle says, 2 days is not long for medication to settle.

spottitchsam
18-01-13, 13:32
thanks guys for your replies.the side effect im on about is a dry mouth.I was only given that pill to help me get over the 6pm . night time slot.I could always take a diazepam which the gp has given me.but has you said it is still early days.might stay on it until I see gp on Monday.are you enjoying the snow.x

Annie0904
18-01-13, 13:55
The problem with diazepam is that it is addictive and only intended for short term use. Most of the med's have the side effect of a dry mouth but this should improve so I would stick with it. We had snow on Monday and it has never been above -1 degree yet. we are due for more snow this afternoon so I think it will be quite bad with the ground being so frozen already. xx

spottitchsam
18-01-13, 14:34
The problem with diazepam is that it is addictive and only intended for short term use. Most of the med's have the side effect of a dry mouth but this should improve so I would stick with it. We had snow on Monday and it has never been above -1 degree yet. we are due for more snow this afternoon so I think it will be quite bad with the ground being so frozen already. xx

Annie defo stay has I am.did not know that.thanks once again for advice x