PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhh noooo! Snow

Col
18-01-13, 14:46
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM GETTING MYSELF IN A RIGHT STATE. GOT A SMALL CHILD -3 AND DAUGHTERS AT SCHOOL ON A HILL A MILE AWAY. GOT TO GO GET HER FOR THE OBVIOUS REASONS AND PANIC IF I GO TO FAR ON FOOT, IN THE BLOODY CAR.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHCOULD SCREAM CAN FEEL THE ANXIETY BUBBLING UP EVERYTIME I LOOK OUT OF THE WINDOW I GET A HIT OF ADRENALINE. ANYONE ELSE THE SAME???

:scared11::scared11::scared10::scared10::scared11: :scared11::scared10::scared10::scared11::scared11: :scared10::scared10::scared11::scared11::scared10: :scared10::scared11::scared11::scared10::scared10: :scared11::scared11:

Annie0904
18-01-13, 14:56
Yes Me!!!! My husband is on the train from London and I am supposed to be picking him up from the railway station at 5.30. I hate driving in the dark, and driving in the dark AND snow is really making me anxious!! :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15: I am considering sending a taxi to pick him up!!

spottitchsam
18-01-13, 15:05
hi col,both my grandson little school and my older granddaughter school was closed today.had them both at home.I was lucky because my husband is retired he played out side with them for a few hours.only got my granddaughter now has my grandson has gone home to his mum.is there a neighbour near you that could pick your child up,or perhaps walk home half way and you walk to meet them.hope you feel better soon and things work out for you.I'm surprised that you have any schools open because where I live there is not one school open within a 10 miles radious.x

Magic
18-01-13, 15:28
We are ok here,only have grandaughter to see to on mondays.
Must be a worry for you all.
I have not heard the weather forecast today-- for the weekend.
It is really bad here in Stoke.
Must be really good for playing in for the children though.
Take care all of you xx

Annie0904
18-01-13, 16:28
My husbands train is delayed and he now won't get to the station until 7:10pm :( I think I will book a taxi to pick him up. It is snowing really heavy here!

Dazza123
18-01-13, 16:57
8 or 9 inches here in Cardiff, still lightly snowing and isn't supposed to stop till tomorrow. I had psychiatrist appt cancelled Monday due to illness, rebooked for today and cancelled again due to her being trapped in the house apparently..... I really need to see them as well so starting to get rather annoyed.

Annie0904
18-01-13, 17:14
Oh dazza sorry your appointment was cancelled. I hate when that happens. I love Cardiff. I have friends in Tongwnlais who I sometimes visit and love shopping in Cardiff :)

Col
18-01-13, 19:29
Thanks guys, got soo stressed earlier. Sorry for ranting! Was scary on the side roads & Sheffield is soooo hilly. I was in a right rage. We're home safe, that's the main thing I suppose.

Your poor hubby - Annie!

Thanks for the advice Spottitchsam, I have a friend and we help each other from time to time with kids and school run but, she was going in the other direction to the train station to go to another city , after school. Nightmare!
I think I've got a phobia to snow, I hate it. It's cold and clostrophobic and the BBC news is sooooo dramatic and makes it seem like a nationwide disaster is about to start. Hospitals maybe closed and ambulance take longer to come. I worry my kids might swallow something and the ambulance wouldn't get here or something! Nice to look at I suppose.

:hugs: to all.

Annie0904
18-01-13, 19:31
Hubby has just got home. I chickened out and booked a taxi for him. His work will pay for it so I thought why should I get anxious when his work can pay :D

Dazza123
18-01-13, 19:31
Thats not far from me at all Annie!

Glad you coped ok Col :yesyes:

Col
18-01-13, 19:43
Thanks Dazza, I did get myself so worked up earlier. Thanks for the support. I feel silly that snow, makes me feel so stressed.

Annie that's soo right get work to pay. Good thinking - why should you get yourself soo anxious & driving in snow , in the DARK - gosh I'd get stranded - have a panic atta k and would have to call an ambulance !

Annie0904
18-01-13, 20:17
Col I just hate driving in the dark. My daughter has just phoned and told me off because she said she would have gone to pick him up but then I would have only worried about her driving in this weather. I wasn't worried about the taxi driver...only that he would get my hubby home safely lol! What are we like? xx

Sparkle1984
18-01-13, 20:20
I think snow is pretty to look at, but it does make it difficult to get around. The worst thing for me is the fear of slipping over on the pavement. There's a really slippery path near my workplace that never gets gritted, so every winter it's like an ice rink. I nearly slid over last night, and that's happened to me in the same spot in previous years too. :ohmy: On the days when it's been really bad, I've worked from home via my laptop as I live nearly 5 miles away from the office and I'm not sure I'd be able to get there safely. Often the buses in my area are delayed or even cancelled when there's really heavy snow.

Col
18-01-13, 20:20
I know Annie sometimes I have to laugh! Ahh kind of your daughter bless her. But yep I'd have been worried then about my daughter, ha ha I wouldn't have cared less about the poor taxi man! How awful am I, panic just takes completely over , it's like survival of the fittest , serengeti style :roflmao:

Annie0904
18-01-13, 20:25
Sparkle i am so scared I will slip over!! After fracturing 2 metatarsals in June and still having pain from that foot I am terrified I will break more bones!! :scared15::scared15: It is my youngest son's birthday on Monday and I asked my neighbour to post his card for me as I didn't dare walk the 3 minute walk to the post box!!

Sparkle1984
18-01-13, 20:28
That's understandable. Thankfully I've never broken any bones, but I'm scared that it will happen to me one day. When I'm walking along an icy path I must look really funny, as I'm walking so slowly to avoid slipping over!

Annie0904
18-01-13, 20:30
I bought some of those metal ice grips that go on your shoes but I am still scared :scared15:

AuntieMoosie
18-01-13, 22:30
Thankfully we only got a very light covering here in the South East :D

I can't bare the stuff, it looks pretty but it causes no end of problems.

I'm terrified of slipping too, and that kind of makes it worse cos I find the more frightened you are, the less able you are to find a firm footing..........I remember a couple of years ago when we had quite a bit of snow and I was slip sliding around everywhere, thought I'd done a better rendition of Torvil And Dean :roflmao:

Hope all this white stuff disappears soon, it's upsetting both my cats too, they're not at all impressed with any of it!!! lol

Annie0904
18-01-13, 22:32
My 2 year old cat loves it but he only goes out on a lead and he keeps pestering me to take him out but it is too cold for me...will send him out with hubby tomorrow :) Little one prefers to sit by the fire :)

Fenrir
19-01-13, 04:34
I love the snow it always reminds me of Christmas, I just wish people still had their lights up.
It brightens up the night, which is nice as it's 4:27 a.m and I've been awake for an hour after another bad dream.
I'm taking the dog for a walk, :woof nobody about and I can see where I'm going in the park.

Dazza123
19-01-13, 09:15
I was sending Merry Christmas texts at 5.45am yesterday morning, the people it woke up weren't too pleased, but hey, it was snowing :roflmao:

spottitchsam
19-01-13, 10:22
col,how are you today,hope you are feeling a bit better now its the weekend.x

Annie0904
19-01-13, 11:21
I was sending Merry Christmas texts at 5.45am yesterday morning, the people it woke up weren't too pleased, but hey, it was snowing :roflmao:

I was singing 'Merry Christmas Everyone' this morning :roflmao:

I am not going anywhere today..anxiety feeling better but now have a cold! I would love to know what it feels like to feel well, even for one day, is that too much to ask?

Col
19-01-13, 15:35
col,how are you today,hope you are feeling a bit better now its the weekend.x
:hugs: thanks sooo much for asking , im fine thanks. Its driving in general - local im fine but ive still got issues with driving far because when i for the very first time encounterd panic atacks 2 years ago, i used o freak out when i was driving! very dangerous with the little ones, my hubby used to scream at me to calm down id make him completly freak out too!!!! so when it snows - it seriously upsets me i start spinning with anxiety!!! ive had a couple of bad car accidents also, one time my front passenger side wheel came of on a busy round about, my son was newly born i was on my own. It took ages for soemone with a heart to stop and help me!!! There was bits of screws and debris on the road and a big bolt that had cleanly, snapped in half:ohmy:. traffic police came and everything, so i think all of these experiences contribute to my worry of driving in the snow. Im in with the kids watching films today. thanks soo much for asking , hope your keeping warm x

Annie0904
19-01-13, 15:45
Col I am the same when it comes to driving. I could drive any where when I was younger but only feel safe in a 10 mile radius from home now. I have seen some fatal car accidents though and that hasn't helped. You are in the best place today, watching films :hugs: x

Col
19-01-13, 15:56
Thanks Annie, I feel so silly somtimes its amazing how anxiety can make you become so irrational, i was petrified , i was mumbling to myself constantly, I shouted at my little girl when she came out of school because she was having a snowball fight near school and i was soo wound up I was saying - Mia you know to come straight to the car and i told you when its snowing to come out of sch as quick as you can. My hubby said yes but Collette remember when you were a kid and it snowed. GOSH anxiety I wish it would go away.
:hugs:

Annie0904
19-01-13, 16:04
Me too, it would be lovely to get on with our lives without all these anxious feelings x