PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have this issue witgh bright light...

katexxxx
18-01-13, 15:44
with me i found that certain bright lights make me feel detached/anxious,like the big strip lights .does anyone else get this?i hatre bright light|always makes me feel funny

Annie0904
18-01-13, 16:16
Do you mean the florescent strip lights? these give me a terrible headache. I remember reading of an incident where they were having terrible behaviour problems with a child in school but he was no problem outside of the classroom and could work well in other rooms. It was found that the florescent lighting in the classroom was having an affect on his behaviour.

katexxxx
18-01-13, 16:23
Do you mean the florescent strip lights? these give me a terrible headache. I remember reading of an incident where they were having terrible behaviour problems with a child in school but he was no problem outside of the classroom and could work well in other rooms. It was found that the florescent lighting in the classroom was having an affect on his behaviour.
hey,
yes those lights,i have one in the kitchen.they always make me feel weird if im out there too long.do you get this?

Annie0904
18-01-13, 16:23
I found this on Fehrman books website. Here are known facts in a nutshell: fluorescent light gives off a very distorted spectrum which is very different from the natural daylight in which our bodies have evolved. Fluorescent light disrupts our circadian rhythms – our body’s regulator mechanism – and in doing so studies have shown negative health effects from minor annoyances such as headaches, eyestrain, fatigue, and weight gain, to serious effects such as insomnia and sleep disturbances,

swgrl09
18-01-13, 16:24
I hate those. I have actually heard a lot of things about artificial lights giving people anxiety and it is better for you to have natural lighting (like windows, etc) instead. I know they definitely bother me. I have no window in my office, just a fluorescent light and I get really anxious.

Annie0904
18-01-13, 16:25
I used to have them in my kitchen but had them removed because of the effects from them. We have them at work and I hate them, i would rather work in the dark then switch them on.

katexxxx
18-01-13, 16:29
yes,thats interesting,i was sure it was the lights.they are horrible things!at least i know i was right about this thank you xx

rainfairy
18-01-13, 16:58
I am so glad you posted this! That must be why I don't like being in supermarkets. Stupid things they are way too bright. I walked into Tescos the other day at night and walked straight back out and sat in the car whilst my partner did the shopping. Felt a bit silly when I realised I did not feel good due to the lighting.

Annie0904
18-01-13, 17:12
I am surprised they still use them, they are so bad.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

http://voices.yahoo.com/effects-flourescent-lighting-school-children-8729489.html?cat=25

katexxxx
19-01-13, 15:51
I am so glad you posted this! That must be why I don't like being in supermarkets. Stupid things they are way too bright. I walked into Tescos the other day at night and walked straight back out and sat in the car whilst my partner did the shopping. Felt a bit silly when I realised I did not feel good due to the lighting.
exactly the same as me!i cant stand shopping markets.the lights are waaaaay to bright.at least we now know its cos of the light,and we are not alone in this

PinkRoxy
19-01-13, 21:58
Im sorry to hear that bright lights make you feel this way. Do you get migraines or eye aches from them?

My eyes always seem really sensitive to those lights but I do find wearing glasses does help a little but not always.

Do you know why those lights make you feel anxious?

spacebunnyx
20-01-13, 14:48
For a while they triggered panic attacks with me.. not sure why - it was like the light triggered something in my brain that made me panic (even when I wasn't anxious). really weird. I don't get the panics so much anymore - but I feel uneasy under strip lighting (probs because I'm worried about having a panic attack more than anything else).

My first reaction to strip lighting was when I was taking the anti-spasmodic procyclidine which lists hallucinations and anxiety as a side effect.

Interesting you talk about it... the brains wiring is so intricate!! :-)

jency
20-01-13, 19:00
fluorescent lights give me a migraine. my tv is dimmed so is my laptop and phone.

sarahsarah
26-01-13, 00:51
Supermarkets are the worst place for me- I can do about 15 minutes without feeling like I need to leave or I will faint. Some days are worse than others. I remember in one place they had a fridge with a faulty strip light that was flickering like mad and I thought I was going to collapse, it was awful.

I don't worry about it as it only happens when I am in the presence of strip lights, the rest of the time when I am out, I feel fine.

jessicalittler79
03-02-13, 23:06
YES! I get this a lot I hate it :(