PDA

View Full Version : Racing heart

mumx3
18-01-13, 17:39
Have got a racing heart and palpatations, feels like its going to burst thru. Worried I won't be able to get to a&e if I need to because of the heavy snow, which is adding to the anxiety!

Pinktel
18-01-13, 18:11
I get this it is horrid.

You are not going to need a and e, you are not going to have a heart attack or any other problem.

If you are on these forums it's because you recognise you have panic/anxiety/depression. Racing heart and palpitations is the number one anxiety symptom. Sometimes it lasts minutes, sometimes hours, once that adrenaline is in your system it can take time to abate, and that's only if you let it. It's n extremely powerful hormone, one of the strongest, if not the strongest. It has to be because it might be needed in emergencies to keep us alive. The effect it has on our hearts is powerful but not harmful, it is a chemical made for your own body, tailored to your own chemistry, it's not going to hurt you, but when you feel it inappropriately it doesn't half feel awful!!! :D

Try to distract yourself, things will calm down. Hearts can race at over 200bpm for days before you need meds.

If for some reason you absolutely DID need an ambulance (for example you had an accident, because I am not entertaining the idea that your heart is about to give way on you) then they would most certainly get to you. Yes there is snow but it's not THAT bad, major roads are gritted and operational and minor roads seem passable in most instances with care.

You WILL be fine
:)