PDA

View Full Version : feeling poorly

**whenwillthisend**
31-08-06, 15:02
hi all....since this anxiety first started 9 months ago i havent been "properly ill"..till this week, think i have a virus or something has i have sore throat, tired and feel fluey and just not well, my head and ears feel blocked too........
even though i only have a cold i have forgot what it is like to feel this way, i keep telling myself its just flu or something this is why i feel terrible....BUT the irrational in me tells me it must be serious..probably fatal and im going to collapse any minute (i feel dizzy and weak too)....
why cant i just have a cold and accept it? i know i have felt ill with colds and bugs in the past so why now do i think i have something more terrible........god help me when i get a sick bug or something...i think im about to die with just a cold!!!:(

jackie
31-08-06, 15:55
you are not on your own there everything with me is fatal even the bleeding gum i had yesterday that lasted five minutes tops

bloody anxiety

jackie

emma chant
31-08-06, 16:00
HI.....
Hope your feeling more possitive and remember your not on your own,
and were all here to help you.
TAKE CARE
LOVE EMMA [:X]

e chant

Ballandalloch
31-08-06, 16:05
Hi there
Exaclty the same thing has happened to me this week. I have had a cold, earache etc and i keep trying to remember how i used to feel with a cold before the anxiety kicked in. My partner keeps telling me im no different and its just a cold but i have had the same thoughts as you. Is this the beginning of something more serious etc? I have just sat it out and the cold is passing so i guess thats what it was. Just a cold. But you are not alone with these thoughts. At least one other is experiencing the same as you....i.e me..!

alicia123
01-09-06, 09:28
Every problem is magnified by anxiety, and physical problems always seem life threatening, when we know deep down that they are not. Doesn't stop us feeling that way, of course, because the chemicals that cause the anxiety are still circulating in our blood, despite what we consciously think. I've been free of anxiety for over six months now, but when I felt as you do I would always go to my GP and make sure that there was nothing physically wrong, then I could just say 'ah, it's just the anxiety'. Used to annoy the hell out of my GP, but since he earns over 90K a year from my taxes, I should worry.:D

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com

carly123
01-09-06, 12:01
Hiya

My ears feel blocked too they have done since there was a virus going round at work about two months ago! At the time there was a few people got it, we weren't very ill but all had fuzzy heads and blocked ears.
Im sure thats what it is for you so don't worry if it's not shifting but see your GP in case your ears need syringing! That would make your head feel blocked too and can make you feel a bit dizzy.

Take carexx