PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Ellenar1982
18-01-13, 18:36
Hi, I have just joined this website, and I'm so happy to of found it, my name is Ellie, I am 30 years old. a few years back I suffered with anxiety and depression, I decided to come off my antidepressants, as I felt I was getting better, so I went 3 years no panic, I felt on top of the world, now all of a sudden out the blue, I had a panic attack at home, and its really scared me, past few weeks been feeling low but I didn't think out of it, but then the anxiety came, I am totally devastated as was hoping I wouldn't have to go through this again, I went to doctors he gave me propranolol (betablockers) but was still having negative thoughts all the time, was feeling very low so went back now on fluoxetine, antidepressants, and hoping they will start to work soon. anyway that's my story so glad I can talk to people who going through the same thing.

vitabelle
18-01-13, 18:38
sorry your suffering and i hope this site offers you all the help you need. welcome x

nomorepanic
18-01-13, 18:46
Hi Ellenar1982

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
19-01-13, 00:19
Hi Ellie, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Ellenar1982
19-01-13, 10:57
Hi Mark thanks for the welcome:)

Arnie365
19-01-13, 10:59
Welcome to NMP. Hope you fine as much support as I have.

CarmR
19-01-13, 12:59
Hi Ellie
Welcome!..hope you're feeling a bit better today..xx

ynos
19-01-13, 13:05
:welcome:

Ellenar1982
24-01-13, 14:18
Hi thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, has anyone come off propranolol with out any problems? I'm currently taking 20mg fluoxetine and 40mg propranolol I was taking it 3 Times aday but the doc said could start to Weane myself off them as I don't like taking to many tabs, so I'm down to 1 a day for a few days and wasn't going to take one last night but at 9:30pm my heart started to beat fast and thought was going to have a panic attack so I then had to take my propranolol and I felt ok eventually and now I'm scared to come off them. if anyone got any advice please let me know. thanks

Tufty
24-01-13, 14:59
Hi Elle, I was on Fluoxetine and Propanolol now I'm on another antidepressant and Propanolol. I used to take 40mg up to 3 times a day and did so for just a week or so, cut down to twice a day for about a month and then to just in the morning for another month or so and stopped approx 3 months after starting. I didn't have any problems stopping and occasionally took one when I was feeling stressed and getting palpitations when I was stabilised on the Fluoxetine.
I'm now back taking them whilst trying to get stable on a new antidepressant but am rubbish at remembering to take tablets and only take two a day and miss the odd day with no ill effects at all and I'm usually sensitive to the side effects of meds but nothing with the Propanolol so hopefully you'll be fine too
Take Care
Sam

Ellenar1982
24-01-13, 16:38
Hi Sam thanks for the post, that makes me feel alot better, I think maybe I am trying to come off the propranolol to quickly and I need to let the fluoxetine start to kick in, as I've only been taking them for just over a week, so I will stick to taking just the one propranolol a day then after month or so I should be able to stop. I think my trouble is I get anxious about not taking the tablet in case I have a panic attack which is the case of last night's drama, I bring it on myself but hopefully after month or so on fluoxetine it will be fine.

Thanks again Sam

OncewasSupergirl
24-01-13, 16:55
Hi Ellenar...welcome :)
there are lots of threads with peoples posts of experience of fluoxetine have a look you should find lots of reassurance there....x x

Ellenar1982
24-01-13, 17:19
Thanks OncewasSupergirl Will check them all out now :) x