PDA

View Full Version : What caused my problems

GordonB
18-01-13, 19:32
I had a very difficult childhood, my parents didn't realy want me, they were never unkind or neglectful, but my brother was always their favourite.
He could do no wrong, I was always in trouble, he turned out to be useless, While I have had a very sucessful career in construction.
The only love I got was from my uncle, who went on to sexually abuse me, I think that lead to my depression and agressive behaviour in later life, but it also hardened me, and made me determined to be a success.
I have been happily married, and monogomous, for nearly 40 years, but was afraid to have children as I was told that abused hildren often become abusers. My wife only found out my "guilty secret" about two years ago, when I finally sought help, and we both now wish we had children.
I am now trying to deal with my feelings, and have been taking 20mg Citalopram for about 6 months. The side effect were horrible at first, but I have now settled into a contented drift towards retirement in a few months time.
For the first time in my life I am happy, but also worried about the time when I will have to stop taking the CIT, is there any literature available to help me plan for what I fear may be a difficult time?