PDA

View Full Version : derealisation getting worse over time

MannyJim
18-01-13, 20:56
I first got this awful thing we call derealisation when i was 10 years old. I spent about a month freaking out but i was easily distracted by other things and the symptoms gradually began to dissipate, or at least they didnt bother me. Middle school the thought of derealisation barely crossed my mind. Once I hit high school, I began to have short periods where i would question life and sort of freaked out but not anything too extreme. About two years ago i began having severe panic attacks due to having this weird dream like feel and vision. After my first panic attack this dream state intensified, but i could still manage to get by. Around a year ago i had a pretty bad attack wich put me in this downward spiral. I constantly feel stuck in this dream. I feel like my memories are just not my own, very hard to explain. My sense time is pretty messed up and I have horrible memory. I cant escape this feeling of unreality which causes me to have an anxiety attack almost every day. I've been on citalopram for about a week and a half and i feel like all my symptoms are getting worse. I feel like im always in a day dream i cant concentrate on what im doing and always find myself thinking about my condition. I feel like im so stuck in my head and i hate feeling stuck! I use to be able to watch tv in the comfort of my room and be able to relax now I always worrying about it.

Anyone ever have really bad dp/dr and get better ?

I honestly just want to be able to connect with people again and be real