PDA

View Full Version : Very confused, help?

DCope22
19-01-13, 01:02
Hey, haven't been on the forums for awhile now, please bare with me.

My problem started in November, i was getting serious stomach pain/weakness/fatigue almost every day, so i went to see my GP, who sent me for a blood test, the result's showed that one liver enzyme was high and a little bit of salt in my kidney. (I don't drink alcohol at all.)

The problem's persisted and she sent me for another blood test for it to come back that my enzyme which was previously high to have lowered to normal levels. She sent me for another blood test 3 week's later just to make sure everything was OK, but my enzyme was once again high.

While waiting for that appointment (Being Christmas i couldn't get an appointment until 7th Jan) i started to get other symptoms, two night's before Christmas day i lay down in bed to watch a film with my partner, but 4-5 mins into the film and i started to get slight pressure in my right upper-quadrant of my abdomen, which worsened over the next 30 min's, over the next coming week i had more pressure in the exact same place but then had an aching pain down right side and round the back area.

Since going back to the doctor's however i haven't had the pressure so much but i am in constant pain with the whole of my rib area, i have since gone back to the doctors, but i couldn't get a appointment with my doctor so i saw another, an he told me that my liver enzymes being high was just a coincidence and that i have a inflammation of the rib cage, he has prescribed co-dydramol 500/10mg, which i have to take 2, 4 times daily. Which has helped with the pain but my god i feel in so much pain in the morning's.

I'm just wondering if any of you have any insight into this, whether you guy's think that maybe it is my liver and not rib inflammation? I do have a scan booked for 4th Feb, but it seem's so long away, which lead's my to believe my usual doctor doesn't think it's my liver either.

Thank's for taking you're time to read this, any feedback would be gratefully appricaited

virgo199060
19-01-13, 02:40
With the back pain, it could be your kidneys.
A friend of mine was getting severe pain like that 24/7 and it turned out to also be salt in her kidneys. She had an op and now she's fine.
It would be worth mentioning it to your GP! Hope this helps :)