PDA

View Full Version : Going on week 3 with my symptoms..

jamie177
19-01-13, 07:35
Had my first panic attack 3 weeks ago and my chest pain has not subsided, so my doctor prescribed me ativan 3 times a day but I'm so scared to take it, I only take .5 a day!!! I don't really feel anxious, only thing bothering me is my chest and now I have upper back pain!!! I'm not scared of having a heart attack or another disease!! Why can't I shake these symptoms off?? The ativan is helping but once I stop will my symptoms come back??

BobbyDog
19-01-13, 07:56
The fact that you have addressed your anxiety straight away, gives you more of a chance of beating it once and for all. Try focusing outside your body by distracting yourself, keep busy doing things you enjoy and hopefully you will make a full recovery.

Dazza123
19-01-13, 09:13
Jamie, if its helping id stick with it, I dont like taking new medication either, and panic before doing so, but once its in your system it will help you longer term, if it can help you get over this little blip for now, then you have a much better chance of beating it completely and getting on with normal life pretty soon. I hate taking medication, but if it makes you better and gives you your normal life back, then it has to be worth it eventually :)