PDA

View Full Version : Cat scratch and tetanus

sahara
19-01-13, 13:09
The cat was playing and caught me with his claw. Now I am paranoid about tetanus.No idea when I had my last jab although it I know it was 15 years plus ago :'(

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

It did bleed

Annie0904
19-01-13, 13:30
One of my cats scratches me nearly every day and it bleeds. I usually put a bit of lavender oil on or aloe vera sap. I do know I am protected against tetanus though. NHS guidelines are: A full course of tetanus vaccination consists of five doses of the vaccine. This should be enough to give you long-term protection from tetanus. However, if you’re not sure how many doses you’ve received, you may need a booster dose after an injury that breaks your skin.
If you’ve definitely received five doses of the tetanus vaccine, you are fully vaccinated and don’t need a booster dose.

sahara
19-01-13, 14:16
I know I need to ring the nurse on Monday hope its not to late :(

I am not sure how many I have had and whether you get called for the boosters or what. I had one cos a parrot bit me like I say years ago, but thats the last I can remember

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

My whole arm aches now stupid HA

Ella13
20-01-13, 21:29
Hello, My dog bit me last weekend and i went to get a tetanus done, mainly because i never had the school leaver jab with the polio, its fine though as long as you get it done within 72 hours you'll be protected. Felt a bit achey and fluey a couple of days after having it done but thats normal. Better to be safe than sorry i suppose!