PDA

View Full Version : VITAMINS

fruity
19-01-13, 15:34
JUST WONDERING WHAT VITS DO U TAKE(THATS IF U TAKE ANY)& IF SO WHAT KIND & DO THEY HELP. THANX. XXXXX:):D:hugs:

nomorepanic
19-01-13, 16:22
I take Centrum as it has every vitamin, mineral etc you need daily

fruity
19-01-13, 16:45
I take Centrum as it has every vitamin, mineral etc you need daily
funny you should come up with that one. i was just thinking of them. weird. thank you. i might give them a whirl.xxxxx

paranoidtree
19-01-13, 16:45
I take an omega 3 supplement and a b+c complex vitamin. Found helpful in giving me energy/making me feel less down. I saw a nutritionist who recommended these two to me though!

Iced_diamond
19-01-13, 17:08
Hi, as I want to always do all I can to say well, I also take vitamins (from either the health food store or major chemist retailers). Whilst I am sure they do no harm, I'm also not that sure of their effectivenss. My boyfriend is the complete opposite to me and doesn't believe in wasting money on supplements and refuses to take them. The funny thing is, he and I have the same number of colds every year (2 or 3)-then again he tends to feel really rubbish when he has a cold whereas I don't feel great by any means, but perhaps the vitamins help me not feel the symptoms as much? In any event, they can't hurt and who knows? They may even do some good. :)

Sparkle1984
19-01-13, 17:35
I have Berocca because they're soluble! I do find them helpful, especially to give me energy first thing in the morning at work.

fruity
19-01-13, 21:21
I take an omega 3 supplement and a b+c complex vitamin. Found helpful in giving me energy/making me feel less down. I saw a nutritionist who recommended these two to me though!
thank u. could do with some energy!

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Hi, as I want to always do all I can to say well, I also take vitamins (from either the health food store or major chemist retailers). Whilst I am sure they do no harm, I'm also not that sure of their effectivenss. My boyfriend is the complete opposite to me and doesn't believe in wasting money on supplements and refuses to take them. The funny thing is, he and I have the same number of colds every year (2 or 3)-then again he tends to feel really rubbish when he has a cold whereas I don't feel great by any means, but perhaps the vitamins help me not feel the symptoms as much? In any event, they can't hurt and who knows? They may even do some good. :)
thank u. xxxx

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I have Berocca because they're soluble! I do find them helpful, especially to give me energy first thing in the morning at work.
yes i,ve had that berrocca in the past. but i never stick to things.

RVP
19-01-13, 23:39
Wellman ones, and cod liver oil capsule. Wellman/woman can be quite expensive, so I only tend to get it when it's on offer. Only down side is you have to take it with your main meal.

Mark13
20-01-13, 01:31
I just take standard Cod Liver Oil daily, Sainsbury's own at the moment, although I tried the high dosage EyeQ once, made me feel sick.

I don't eat oily fish, which is why I use that. But I eat lots of fruit, meats, fresh veg etc so I don't need supplements.

Although I've tried some to see if they reduce anxiety, out of desperation - they didn't (for me, YMMV).

If your diet is a balanced and healthy one, you shouldn't need supplements, IMHO. They're good I believe if you're a smoker (kills Vit C quickly, so you need regular doses) or have a non-standard diet (i.e. Vegan, Vegetarian).

Also if you're pregnant or elderly, they can be beneficial apparently (I'm neither, although I may look pregnant :))

Interesting NHS leaflet here on the subject of supplementation in general.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/05May/Documents/BtH_supplements.pdf

fruity
20-01-13, 11:49
Wellman ones, and cod liver oil capsule. Wellman/woman can be quite expensive, so I only tend to get it when it's on offer. Only down side is you have to take it with your main meal.
thank u.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

I just take standard Cod Liver Oil daily, Sainsbury's own at the moment, although I tried the high dosage EyeQ once, made me feel sick.

I don't eat oily fish, which is why I use that. But I eat lots of fruit, meats, fresh veg etc so I don't need supplements.

Although I've tried some to see if they reduce anxiety, out of desperation - they didn't (for me, YMMV).

If your diet is a balanced and healthy one, you shouldn't need supplements, IMHO. They're good I believe if you're a smoker (kills Vit C quickly, so you need regular doses) or have a non-standard diet (i.e. Vegan, Vegetarian).

Also if you're pregnant or elderly, they can be beneficial apparently (I'm neither, although I may look pregnant :))

Interesting NHS leaflet here on the subject of supplementation in general.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/05May/Documents/BtH_supplements.pdf
thank u

Dazza
20-01-13, 13:22
I take Pharmaton (multivitamin) with Vitamin B complex. I also take Magnesium for it's muscle relaxation properties.

I take Omega 3 for heart health and anti-anxiety.