PDA

View Full Version : Period changes due to anxiety and anxiety worse around periods

rainfairy
19-01-13, 16:28
So last year my periods started to be every 2 to 3 weeks. I had to go onto iron tablets for a while. My menstrual cycle has settled down to about 23/4 days, which still isn't obviously good. When that happened I was going through a very stressful time (break up, long working hours and stress at work, probably going to be made redundant). I know my anxiety has gotten worse since then and those things, I believe all contributed to that.

Also I do notice that when my period is almost due and also during it that my anxiety goes sky high. I am anxious at home, at work and more so when I go into shops and supermarkets. Today I went into Morrisons and my head felt funny and my legs felt funny and I didn't want to be in there. I don't think it helps that I was stressed after falling over in the snow :( Luckily no one saw. So much for a nice walk to relax me!

I was just wondering if anyone else has it and is it normal for anxious people? I was also wondering why my period has this affect on me. It's worse as my cycle is a lot shorter than it used to be/others.

Thanks.

Angelai
20-01-13, 18:45
My anxiety is definitely worse just before and during my 'period' (I don't technically have periods as I've had my uterus removed, but I still get all the other signs, and even bleed quite often - but that's another story :ohmy:)

I can't say that I've noticed the anxiety affecting my cycles though - but stress can cause issues with periods - either stopping them or messing up the cycle - so that could be having an affect.

But yes, I generally feel like hell just before and during my 'period' so I feel for you :hugs:

SuperStar457
21-01-13, 10:27
I've just started my first period since coming off cerazette and since starting with anxiety and I feel def worse this last couple of days, can't sleep & feeling very agitated :(