PDA

View Full Version : The mind

CameronG
19-01-13, 17:20
Good evening all, hope you are all well!

I've Posted quite a bit but some may not know my circumstances, I'm on 30MG citalopram, suffer anx, panic attacks and agraphobia....anyway

I was just doing the dishes and got thinking, you might have to excuse this as I don't know where I'm going with this buy thought I'd wrote it down..

Basically our mind is a powerful tool, at one time none of use could talk, walk, eat etc, we had to be taught / trained to do these skills from being babies, which my thoughts led to, (you can disagree. Just my opinion) at some point we must have taught our brains to think this way, I.e my hearts racing that means blah de blah, obviously we have allowed to manifest into panics or whatever.

So on that thought, is it possible to train our brains to not think
That way (I'm aware that what were all trying) but the whole happy mind, happy life scenario, so by thinking happy thoughts, therefor convincing your brain your happy, could this help toward anxiety? I'm going to try and walk aroun with a smile all the time, see it this helps (obviously in the house as I'll look like a nutter)

Like I said a wasn't going anywhere with this, it probably reads like a load of babble but still....

Take it easy

kittikat
19-01-13, 17:31
Very interesting Cameron, almost exactly how my CBT therapist explained it to me.

Mind you, it takes some hard work and practise to perfect it...I haven't managed it yet, but always try so hard to remain positive.

Good luck, it's worth a try :D Kitti.

Fenrir
19-01-13, 19:13
I heard a while ago that smiling releases Serotonin and possibly Dolphins :winks: Endorphins ?
http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongbeauty/tp/smiling.htm
I think it has to be a small smile :) rather than a huge grin :D
Hope it helps.

Bill
21-01-13, 05:48
I think it's perfectly true and that laughter releases endorphines which help you to feel better. For instance, can you be laughing at something that you find so funny whilst at the same time feel anxious and afraid?

What is it they say?...laugh in the face of fear?...because fear will do the running?

Keep having these thoughts! Laughter is really good for you.

I enjoy watching Stan Laurel laughing...he gets me going.:D

blue moon
21-01-13, 06:48
we can train our brain by having positive affirmations and daily goals,also a routine helps,I have my affirmations scattered around home if you repeat often they do help you become more relax and a happier person,I always try to keep smiling.
Petra :D

Cocomademoiselle
21-01-13, 10:12
I like what you have written. I think we can retrain the brain to think a different way to make us better, and we shouldnt give a time limit on how long it will take us to get better. Eg. how long would you give a child to learn how to walk ? Would you give him 6 months and think oh your not going to walk and give up ? Of course not because you KNOW that child will walk. So we should not give up on working on getting better and change our way of thinking x