PDA

View Full Version : Exercise followed by meditation.

Dazza
20-01-13, 08:58
I've found that this has really been helping me....

I'm not sure how it is for many of you, but my anxiety often starts from when I wake up... so I've been trying the following, and it's been helping me a lot.

I get up early, and before work I go for a 30 minute walk, walking at a brisk pace. I listen to relaxing music or guided meditation Mp3s as I walk. After the 30 minutes, I then feel good from the exertion and I add to this feeling by then meditating for about 10 minutes. I have been using this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJs9bdcnXw

There are many meditation videos on Youtube, so you can find one that suits you... and you can also find websites that allow you to convert Youtube videos to MP3, so that you can listen to them in your iPod or MP3 player / phone.

I find that the walk makes me feel very relaxed, and when I then add the meditation to it, I get a great sense of inner peace and I worry much less, and am able to discard some of my anxious thoughts. It gives me a much better start to the day than my previous anxious starts to the day, and I stay calmer for much longer during the day. I now even look forward to getting up early, as I know that the feeling the exercise and meditation will give me to me will be worth it!

Wishing you all a good, peaceful and anxious free day.

Londonguy71
22-01-13, 14:24
Like walking too. I also try to combine it with observing the local features such as buildings or trees taking mental notes. I have an iPhone so I can google names on plaques as Wikipedia is excellent on detail. It enriches my walk while other stuff starts to fade away.