PDA

View Full Version : blocked ears, tinnitus, muscle twitching and the neverending list!!!

loz123
20-01-13, 10:11
Hi all

I have been suffering with HA for around 2 years, after a really bad patch around a year ago I went on citalopram and had councelling and for the most part i was 'cured'!

Around 2 months ago, it started again!! I have no idea what triggered it but i suddenly became obsessed with my ears, was convinced my tinnitus was bad. Anyway they have just been a constant problem ever since, i have been to docs and first it was wax, the wax has now gone, then i got an infection (a result of using drops i think) and then now my ears are both just full and pooping. I dont think i have any hearing loss its just so frustrating. My tinnitus is still there.
I kind of forgot about my ears and then the heart palps started, im currently undergoing treatment and having a monitor fitted soon. So now my palps have stopped ive started to dwell on my ears again. I have also started with muscle twitches all over my body. I am just convinced that all these symptoms link together, i have stupidly come across things on ms and how people have had ongoing ear infections!

Has anyone else had these symptoms? Particularly the blocked ear, i am seeing my doc again tomorrow!

I just hate it, i feel that i have one symptom that i get checked it is ok for a while and then something else comes along, when that is sorted i go back to my first worry! I was fine for months and now this again. I just cant get off my phone, forever searching the net for answers but i know that this is the worse thing to do!

I just need some advice really, has anyone had these symtoms that have gottne worse because you have dwelled on them?

Thanks for listening!

Gogspurs
20-01-13, 10:51
Hi Loz,

Your symptoms are so similar to mine its unreal! I posted on this forum late last night check out what I wrote!

The only difference is that I had my heart anxiety before the pressure in my head and twitching/tremors began. I had loads of tests on my heart like blood work, ECG, 24-hour ECG and Echo which were all normal.

The symptoms have changed to this constant tension headache and pain killers do nothing to ease it - ive had tinnitus for about 2 years but with the headaches its gotten worse.

My tremors seem to be on the left side of my body more so in the back of my neck, arm and side!

I started therapy last week and have my 2nd session on Tuesday hopefully it will help. There are 3 or 4 things going on in my life which are quite stressful and have all come about at the same time so I am putting that down to what i am going through.

I believe all these symptoms are anxiety related so I guess you should think the same, its comforting knowing that you have the same thing but sympathise that you have to go through this too.

I hope you feel better soon - George