PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks

Londonguy71
20-01-13, 11:10
Hello people

Well I'm just lurking around at the moment just reading the personal stories. Still trying to find out what makes me, me.

Done the cbt thing last year and it has helped a lot. I take 15mg mirtazapine which makes me very sleepy when I wake but it helps me to switch off. I am reading a book entitled Toxic parents which is an interesting account as I realise now that I'm not alone living with toxic thoughts. Developing a routine now which takes time but its working fine at the moment. As I realise I need a routine and order to stay healthy. Also like yoga though I'm rubbish at it. But I enjoy the gym too. Pacing the treadmill while watching the comedies as I find it lightens my deep sad moods a lot.

Hates snow, facebook, long dark winter days, Xmas... Love travel, food, charity shops, the arts and reading. That's all I will say for now.

nomorepanic
20-01-13, 11:21
Hi Londonguy71

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Arnie365
20-01-13, 12:15
hi Londonguy and welcome

Londonguy71
20-01-13, 13:59
TY.

Education, work, rest & play, nutrition and a healthy routine is the way forward. I don't ever want to experience the very deep lows, the mania, the anxiety or repeat the bad behaviours again. It's too damaging and exhausting to myself and others.

Mark13
20-01-13, 14:27
Hello and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Daisy Sue
20-01-13, 15:44
hi & welcome, Londonguy :)

HotLad86
21-01-13, 21:15
Welcome Londonguy :)

pelerocco
21-01-13, 21:49
Welcome LG,

I'm the same as you regarding the dark winter nights, absolutely loathe them. Good to hear CBT worked for you, mine starts next week.

Londonguy71
22-01-13, 08:25
Good luck pelorocco. It's hard work and but it had stopped me from yoyoing too much.

Trying to keep busy in the dark is the key thing. Today is gym, the gp, housework, helping a friend to use the web... Hope you guys keep busy and keep the faith!