PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about Anxiety

AlwaysPanik
20-01-13, 11:48
Hi there,
I am a 42 year old female with a supportive husband and 2 children. My life is good, no major problems .... apart from this dreaded anxious feeling. I have suffered for around 10 years. It started with a heart palp which freeked me out, made me panic........and there we go. Ended up at a&e, bloods and ECG which were fine. I have taken Efexor, Fluoxetine, Citalopram over the years. I stopped the Citalopram around 6 months ago and the anxiety has come back two-fold. Dr has given me Propranolol to try. 40mg as and when I need it which is twice a day at the mo. I wake up asking myself am I anxious, which makes me panic....and it stays with me all day long. I am forever checking my BP and Pulse, and recently purchased a blood sats monitor. Paranoid, or what??!! I have recently noticed a tight feeling between my shoulder blades which makes me feel short of breath.....does anyone else have this ? My pulse is around 62. The tight breathing is now making me worried and more panicky. I wish it would all go away.
If anyone else has similar symptoms and would like a chat, please get in touch.

Thank you X

nomorepanic
20-01-13, 12:01
Hi AlwaysPanik

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Ellenar1982
20-01-13, 12:03
Hi, sorry to hear you are having a bad time with it, I know what you are going through, I suffered with anxiety a few years back, was on medication, after being on tabs a few years I decided to come off, well I was fine panic free, I felt good until now, out of the blue I had a panic attack, I was at home, and for no reason I started to feel really anxious, I felt proper poorly with it, my heart wouldn't calm down, couldn't calm me breathing, and it really scared me, I went to the doctors he put me on 40mg propranolol and also on fluoxetine, I have just started on them so still very anxious everyday as I get anxious about being anxious and I'm scared to go out in case have panic attack, but this site has really helped me as I know other people are going through it and they can help. I find it really helps to talk about it. I hope you also find comfort with this site.

Arnie365
20-01-13, 12:13
hi and welcome. im currently on Fluoxetine and have been on propranolol for anxiety over my heart. Been like this for 8 months now though am a lot better than i was before i started the meds (8 weeks ago) and therapy. Just taking it a day at a time.

Mark13
20-01-13, 14:29
Hello and welcome to the forum.:welcome:

HotLad86
21-01-13, 21:16
:welcome:

sanders
23-01-13, 17:18
Hi there, I am new to forum. I had been on antidepressants for the past 18 years and decided 6 months ago, to gradually reduce and eventually come off Venflaxine. I have suffered with depression over the years, which i put down to my severe anxiety. These past 6 months my anxiety has worsened. I overthink everything, which makes my anxiety horrendous to live with. Symptoms are chest palpitations and heaviness in my chest, feeling sick with worry at the least little thing.

I have now started prozac 2 days ago, to try and relieve these symptoms. I feel a failure that I have had to take medication again, but I need to feel normal again.

AlwaysPanik
24-01-13, 10:25
Thank you everyone....

Ellenar1982, thanks for your post. Are you taking just 40mg Propranolol per day ? It works great with reducing the physical symptoms but not helped me with the 'mind' symptoms, ie the panic and worry. Im thinking about going back on Citalopram and stopping the Prozac.... god knows !! X

Sanders, I really hope the medication kicks in asap for you. Good luck X

Ellenar1982
24-01-13, 13:52
Hi always panic, yes the doctor gave me 40mg propranolol to take 3 Times a day, I started off on them but I still found to be anxious and still had negative thoughts so went back to docs, he then put me on antidepressants, fluoxetine 20mg 1day so I was then going to cut down on my propranolol, so instead of 3 a day I just take 1 when feeling anxious until the antidepressants kick in then hopefully can stop propranolol altogether. I also find exercise and yoga helping me also with the anxiety. hope this helps. if you need to know anything else just message me.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Hi Sanders welcome to the site, your not a failure one bit, living with depression and anxiety is really difficult, I too had depression and anxiety a few years back I was on medication for along time and I decided to come off them, I was fine for along time until recently I started with anxiety and had panic attack at home,and I was devastated as I thought I had beat it, but I to over worry and panic bout silly things and I'm trying everyday to rethink the way I'm thinking to try stop the anxiety and panic, I had to go back on antidepressants and I was gutted going back on tabs but there is no shame in needing a bit of help, things will start to get better for you. all I kept saying to myself I just want to go back to normal, but I really have to work at it, I'm doing exercise and yoga everyday and it really helps to lift your mood and calm the mind. I really hope this helps you.