PDA

View Full Version : when your heat really dose miss beats

potts1
31-08-06, 23:13
hello i just wanted to ask if anyone has not only felt in there chest it miss a beat but when they have checked thier wrist for a pulse and felt it miss should i be worried as its not just a feeling it really dose miss beats . ihave seen the doctor was told its in my head but i had a friend check it and she felt it miss a couple of beats too any help.x

m potts

manyana
01-09-06, 21:19
hi - i get this all the time - it feels like a lurch in my chest and then a thud and if i feel my pulse when it is happening there is a pause in the beats
its very common and lots of people get it - most of them dont feel it though - i feel mine more when i am anxious - the thud is harder
its nothing to worry about - its called pacs or pvcs - the heart is throwing in an extra beat from a place other than the sinus node - i have had a cardiologist check me out just for peace of mind - he said its absolutely safe in the setting of a normal healthy heart
i know its horrible - i have had this for nearly a year now - it takes some getting used to - but as you get less anxious you get less extra beats

take care
lynne
x:D

lin
03-09-06, 12:56
Hi

I suffer with misseds beats have had them for five yrs now since i have had anxiety/panic attacks. It is common to have them with anxiety and your doctor should not have said it is in your head.

I went to see my doctor about them and he said there is nothing to worry about people without anxiety also get them but they are not aware of them my doctor even gets them.

Try not to worry to much you are not on your own.

linda xx