PDA

View Full Version : Low white blood count ???

dr
20-01-13, 19:48
Hi i had a blood test other week and dr called me in to see him for results, i went in and he said two of my tests was needing repeating because of the levels, the white blood count was a little low and the thyroid test come back a little high or low, whichever would point to under active, so i am terrified its cancer :(

Annie0904
20-01-13, 19:58
My daughter had this same result. She is also a pharmacologist so knows a bit about it. I have just spoken to her and she said they will want to repeat the test because it is cyclic (Levels naturally rise and fall). She also said that that the level could also be lower as a result of stress. She said she is sure you have nothing to worry about.

dr
21-01-13, 22:18
thanks for replying, its so hard, i really hope its nothing, as i am concerned when new results come in if they havent gone up or gone lower what they will then do and then what could it be. x

dr
24-01-13, 10:55
i went back to drs today to get results as he re tested, and it has come back that i have under active thyroid so he has put me on a low dose tablet

Annie0904
24-01-13, 10:58
Hopefully you will start to feel better now that you have medication for it.